~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Friday, November 03, 2006

A Pleasant Uneventful Day

I have a couple of Christmas Cacti which I've had for at least 3 years, if not longer. They were in bloom when I bought them but haven't bloomed again since, until now. I just noticed it today, but I'm sure it's been there for a while, judging by the size of the flower. One year I even tried putting them in the dark in the fall to bloom for Christmas, but nothing happened. I did nothing to make this happen. I don't even know the botanical name for this plant.
I was just going to say how sad it is that this is the most exciting thing to happen today. Then I thought, "wait a minute, that's not so bad, it could have been much worse. I could've had nothing at all happen or something unpleasant. But the powers that be, made that cactus bloom for me. Something led me to walk over to the window where it sits." It was a lovely little surprise on an otherwise cold, uneventful day.

TGIF

Not sure what the plans are for this weekend. But I sure would like to get something accomplished. The ditch is still full of water which turns to ice each night and then takes all day to thaw. The township guys have been out there every day this week, have made a mess digging out the neighbours ditches, but there is still a river in my front yard. And still a tire in the ditch between our place and nextdoor.
They're calling for snow this weekend, surprise, and there was another snow squall warning in effect today.
We have now received replacement cheques for the ones that disappeared from our mail. I also received a free recipe booklet from Kraft, along with a 2007 calendar with a different recipe for each month. I signed up to receive the recipe book every couple of months, online. It's been great. I've even tried a couple of the recipes!
So there you go, something else, small and seemingly insignificant, which was a pleasant little surprise and made my day a little bit brighter.

Of course I took a picture of my Christmas Cactus in bloom, silly!



Looks like it could use a little dusting! Sheesh, I'll have to mention this to my cleaning personnel.
Have a lovely evening. Stay warm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe plants tend to bloom before a hard winter. A lot of trees in the area have dropped extra seedlings and pinecones this fall and I've heard this is because it is going to be a long, cold winter. I'm not exactly sure why it happens though.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home