~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm Back Online

I can't even begin to tell you how ignorant it was to wake up Saturday morning at 5 a.m, make a coffee, come down to my computer, just like I do every freaking day of my life, and find I couldn't connect. After fooling around and trying everything I could think of for a while, I eventually woke Hubby up, he's the true techie in this house. After him fooling around and trying everything he could think of, I finally convinced him to call our service provider. After much holding and confusion on the phone, he was told our account was suspended as of midnight Friday! It seems we are a couple of weeks late paying our bill. This is extemely funny to me since we didn't pay our bill for a couple of years and nothing at all happened, then we paid the whole thing off at once and within weeks they suspend our account. He was also told we couldn't have it reactivated until Monday when there would be someone there in the billing department to do it. We said fine then we'll just go to a computer store in town and get a different server. The only other server available to us here just happened to be down for the weekend!
I was not a happy camper.
So, I kept myself busy and tried not to think about it. I've been a little taken aback by how much I missed having internet service. I am very attached. It is my lifeline. I felt lost.
Saturday evening Hubby made it easy to forget. He woke up from a nap with a swollen upper lip which I could literally watch spread up his face. It was scarey. He had been complaining of a toothache and decided it must be an infection, and that was why he went to take a nap, hoping the pain would have mellowed out when he awoke. So it was off to emerg. once again. It was quite busy, so we were there for about 3 hours. Yes it is an infection and they put him on heavy duty antibiotics. After only 3 pills the swelling decreased.
I couldn't wait for today to come to get my internet back. First thing this morning Hubby was on the phone. Sure it was no problem reactivating our account right away, it'll be up in about 20 minutes. After an hour or so he calls back, he is put on hold for a half hour and then they tell him it will be at least 24 hours. I couldn't believe it. So he said screw you, cancel my account and have a nice life. He again went to town, back to the computer store where they told him the other server was still down and not taking any new accounts until they were finished doing whatever they were doing. He came home and flipped through the Yellow Pages, called the server that is down, and they hooked us up right away! So I don't know why the guy at the store couldn't do it.
While Hubby was on hold forever, another call came in on call waiting. It was the doctor. The doctor who did the biopsy. I have to go back for another one. This time they want cells from inside my cervix. I am freaking out all over again.
And this is why its a good thing when the most excitment I have is a flower blooming. I am so glad to be back online. One weekend felt more like a week.
Have a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home