~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

...And Then, There Was Boxing Day

Yup, it's 2:45 a.m alright...
Since I was up so late Christmas night, Hubby let me sleep in today, like really, til 11ish. I was very grateful for that. He had even kept himself busy while I slept, by doing up dishes, sweeping and other general puttering type stuff. Impressive.
But because I was still asleep I missed S.W when she stopped by with a round of Timmys, sigh.
And so my day began...with a cooling Timmys and a clean kitchen awaiting, and good spirits all around.
The much anticipated, big, bad snowstorm never happened. It has been trying to snow all day and night, with little success. It certainly wasn't a convenient hinderance to Big R getting here early. They arrived around 2.
Christmas night I watched a marathon of Cesar Millan, The Dog Whisperer. Preparing myself for how to handle Bear and Penelope, who weren't too bad together today. There were moments, but nothing serious. Penelope kind of reminded me of the vicious poodle I saw in one episode of The Dog Whisperer, when she sort of bit my hand. No damage done. Bear did a lot of quiet growling and grumbling and during the gift opening he was pretty excited, he got a rope bone.
Dinner was good, pretty well timed and everything turned out good, even the gravy. I haven't attempted making turkey gravy, been using canned or mixes, since the year it caught on fire on the stove, back around '98. But it turned out fabulously. Maybe because I was so relaxed for a change.

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home