~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Painting The Familyroom

Good morning.
The snow is all gone, sigh. It's been raining and washed it all away. They are calling for more snow next weekend. The weather forecasts change constantly though.
The painting is coming along. I've got 2 walls completely primed. There is so much furniture and stuff in this room, we can only do one wall at a time. So I'm thinking, I'll paint these 2 walls then push all the furniture back once it dries and start priming the next wall. Never done it like that before, but, gotta do what ya gotta do. Even with just the primer on, it is already making a world of difference. The room looks bigger and brighter. As I've mentioned before I'm sure, this room is half below grade. The windows are near the ceiling, and are all above grade. We've removed the hideous blinds and put on stick-on frosting. That allows the light in but keeps prying eyes out. It also gives it a very basementish feel. I don't like it lol. It will be temporary. I once saw a house where they had used clear silicone on some windows. They just slathered it on and drew pictures in it with their fingers, like swans or something, and it looked really good. Sounds easy enough to do and has the desired effect.
The material I bought for curtains is actually for the bedrooms, it wouldn't work in the familyroom. I'll have to look around for something to put on these windows. Even if I did the silicone thing, it would still need something else, like curtains, to make it look finished. (I sure can sound like an interior decorator lol!)
It's funny, this is really the only room we've done anything to. This will be the second paint job in 3 years, we haven't painted any other room, but they all need it. You may have guessed this is where we spend most of our time. The computers are in the familyroom, the fireplace, the big screen TV and the dart board. This is also where the pool table will go. It's where we LIVE. The other rooms need more than paint, thats why we haven't done anything to them. We have a couple of walls that need to be replaced, windows that need to be replaced, light fixtures that are non-existant. Who has a house with no ceiling lights?? Thats this place. The previous owners were just daft, or had very odd tastes. It seems everything they did do was done as cheaply as possible. All the fixtures and appliances were the cheapest you can get. Within the first months of living here we had to replace all the appliances. Who buys Moffatt appliances?? It will take $$$$ to do all the renovations we have planned. No point in starting something when we could run out of $$$$.
Well back at it I guess. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home