~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Tomatoes, Green Peppers and Halloween

Good evening.
I finally got the grass cut, it only took me a day and a half lol. Remind me to never let it go that long again. The lawnmower kept stalling every time I hit a long, thick patch. I'm glad I got it finished before the rain started tonight.
We've mentioned in conversation that we are thinking of renting this place out. So far we have two people eager to move in lol. It will be a tough decision when the time comes.
My sister recently returned from a month in England. I look forward to hearing all about her vacation when she is here this weekend.
So far this has been a very humid summer. When it isn't sweltering hot, its raining. Plenty of thunderstorms also. Thats probably one good reason my gardens are doing so well lol.
I've started reading the books I scored last weekend. (I still can't get over the great deals I got! lol) I am reading one called "The Shoemaker" by the same author who wrote "Sybil", which is another book I bought. Its a true story about a guy with split personalities who rapes and murders. I'm only a couple of chapters into it, but I can tell its going to be gross and hard to read. To lighten things, and for reading outside, I started another one called "The Farmer Boy" by Laura Ingalls Wilder. It is actually for 8-12 year olds lol, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. I got 2 of her books at one sale, but there are several more in the series. The tv show "Little House On The Prairie" was based on these books. If I continue to read them 2 at a time I will run out of reading material before the winter even hits lol. I probably did buy enough to get me through the winter though. I ALWAYS have a book on the go. I read every night when I go to bed, and ocassionally during the day. If its a really good book, the type you can't put down, I will read it non-stop, day and night, until its done. That is rare.
I took a couple of pictures of our tiny vegetable garden. The tomatoes and peppers are growing quite nicely.






I'm already looking forward to expanding it next year. I think it would be great to grow our own pumpkins for Halloween. There is a little farm down the road which sells pumpkins at the side of the road. Last year I got 3 little ones for $.50 each and carved them...



Not the best picture. I carved "Trick Or Treat" on them. It wasn't nearly as difficult to do as I had expected it to be lol. Some folks didn't believe me and had to go feel them to make sure they were real, thought it was a lamp I bought at Walmart LOL. But why am I talking about Halloween already, its still only July!
They already have Halloween stuff out in some stores! And the "Back To School" commercials are starting on tv already, sheesh.
Well, I'm off to bed, have a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home