~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Because I Can

Good morning.
It's 5 a.m and I really have nothing to say. I'm only posting this because I can.
One of the first things I did when I got back online yesterday was to check my email. I rarely use my Hotmail account any more but I checked it. I do use it, it just isn't my main account. You can imagine my surprise to find an email from someone I haven't heard from in a year. And it had only been sent a half hour before I saw it.
J.C is someone I used to talk to online every single day and then out of the blue she just dropped off the face of the earth. When I phoned her, the number was out of service. At first I was worried something terrible had happened to her. Eventually I figured she just no longer wanted me in her life or something. I had given up any hope of ever hearing from her again. This was very much out of the blue, and kind of bizarre. She included her new address and phone number. I'm very happy about this.
Sunday evening my sister called me. Also kind of bizarre. She doesn't do that, unless she has a reason to call. It is rare for her to just call me to say HI. Anyways, she gave me an update on my niece. It seems after her biopsy the results got lost! How does that happen? So she still doesn't know what's going on. She is being sent for other tests now too. It's not sounding good for her. Of course me being the worlds biggest procrastinator, I haven't called her yet either.
One of my sisters sons is a Level 3 Paramedic. That means he only goes out to life threatening calls. I was stunned to hear some of the goings on with the ambulance service in the city, in the GTA. Like the number of ambulances out on the road at any given time. It is scarey shit folks. Something like 24 ambulances serving over 2 million people. It's amazing they can keep up at all. Also, he spends the majority of his shift sitting with patients at hospitals, waiting, because they can't leave until the patient is checked in. It is all very wasteful. But that's our government at work. Their priorities are all messed up. They waste money and resources like you wouldn't believe.
I'm off to start my day, have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home