~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm Home

Good morning.
I have the whole house to myself today, whatever will I do with myself? Little R went to work with Hubby this morning. He will be dropping her off at her sisters place for the day.
Big R burned a bunch of CDs for me, that was part of my Christmas present. Its all stuff I've never even heard of. She's attempting to broaden my musical horizons. Actually that is what I told her I wanted, new music. I'm listening to some of it now, and wow, surprise surprise, I DO like it. Thanks Big R. And fortunately, Little R received multiple CD cases so I was able to snag one of them for myself.
I guess this new doctor was right on the money with his diagnosis and prescription. I have never before felt so calm as I have this past week or so. No mood swings. No irrational anger. There've been some tears, but its been proportionate. I feel "normal". And its not all in my head, there is no question, I feel better, emotionally. Better than ever. Fuckin amazing, alter the brain chemicals and away you go. Actually, I'm not sure if thats what this medication is doing or not. I believe it alters the brain chemicals, but I could be wrong, I'm no doctor or pharmacist. Too bad lol.
As for the snow...it's been flurrying for days and there is a dusting which blows around endlessly, but no storm. This time last year we were buried, snowed in. It's not even very cold out, hovering around 0.
The combination of relatively mild temperatures, co-operation of the Hubby, getting the house cleaned up and a little more organized, along with the new meds, has changed my whole outlook about this house! I feel at home! I have hope for this place. It will never be a Victorian house, but it is a lovely, sprawling, country house. Whats not to like? Many people have told me I'm crazy to not like it, whenever I've voiced my displeasure with it. Suddenly I can see it through their eyes. Yeah, its not so bad. Just needs some TLC. Maybe a little paint and a new roof. Some insulation here and there. Gawd. If I was here freezing my ass off or in my usual depressed state of mind, I'd be in a total bitch. I wouldn't be too thrilled about being here alone all day, I'd feel trapped and lonely. But I feel a great day coming on. Gonna enjoy it.
Have a great one yourself!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Honey and with prayer to the snow gods we'll have more than enuff white stuff around here.As for the house, i'll make it a castle for you.Cause i LOVE YOU soooooo much. HUBS

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home