~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Lazy Daydreaming Day

Good day.

It looks like that snow may have finally found its way here. Its very quiet around the house today with Hubby gone back to work. I think they should get those three business days between Christmas and New Years off. Hubs boss wouldn't agree with me on that. I realise many people have to work on holidays, but I don't consider their business to be that neccesary.

I hung up my new musical clock this morning. Its actually cool, I thought maybe it would sound cheesy or annoying, but it is quite pleasant to hear. It plays a different Christmas song every hour, on the hour. The volume is controlled by a light sensor. When its dark the volume is low, the brighter the louder I guess. Thats pretty nifty I think. I had to open and use one of Hubbys new screwdrivers to get the clock out of the packaging! It was actually screwed into the package, ugh.

Here is a photo of an old tree ornament. This was my parents', as far as I know it's at least 45 years old. I used to have a bunch of them, but they are such thin glass, and have gotten broken over the years, this is the last one...

We used my mothers china for our dinner last night, but I am the only one who even knew my mother, let alone anyone who would recognize her dishes. So it was pretty meaningless, except for me. They too are very old, and have withstood time with grace.
Today is quite a lazy day for us. The imperative housework is done. Not much to do but putter. I still haven't tried out the new Game Cube yet, maybe I'll get Little R to show me how to play that in a little while. I've been rearranging more pictures and stuff on the walls. S.W gave me this interesting platter, it's more of a wall painting than an actual platter.
Little R and I have been daydreaming together about room make-overs. And we played a game of darts, I don't mind playing with her now that she knows how to play properly.
So yeah, just hanging out, putting all the new stuff away. Waiting for Hubbys next 4 day vacation.
Feeling blessed and calm, in spite of it all.
Have a great afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home