~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, January 14, 2007

I Feel A Snow Day Coming On

Good afternoon.
Well we have snow again. In fact there is a winter storm warning in effect for the next couple of days. We're expecting a ton of snow along with freezing rain etc. It looks like we're gonna get our winter all in one shot. Yay.
Still only have the 2 walls painted. We can't seem to agree on which wall to do next, so it just sits there, waiting. The colour is weird too. Because it was so dark down here, despite choosing loud, bright colours, this time I went with a very light colour, "Rice Flakes" lol. Now that the walls are completed, it just looks like wannabe white to me. I even took a photo, before completing the wall, to show the white primer and the Rice Flakes colour, to prove there is in fact a colour on the walls, not just dirty white. Not sure if I've mentioned it here before or not, but this all started because of the place we lived before here. We were renting, the place was all neutral tones, beiges and creams. We were not allowed to add colour, unless we were prepared to cover it ourselves, or pay for it to be covered, if and when we ever decided to move out. Sooooooo, when we bought our own house, having been colour deprived for a few years, I thought, "yes! I can have ANY colour walls I like now! I want colour, bright, loud, colour!" We had this room, it was a very cold, icy, shade of pale, very pale, grayish-blue. The room was downright frosty. So I thought we should go with the opposite of that. We chose a very deep, bright, loud, yellow. Once it was on the walls, it was too much. Too bright, too yellow. So we went back to the store and picked another colour to sponge over it, in an attempt to tone it down. We chose "terra cotta". The outcome, and now I'm sure I have mentioned this here before, was a flame-like look, kind of orange. And rather than brighten the room, it made it seem even darker, ugh. Now this time, the idea was to tone down the loudness, go with something neutral, and yet warm, to brighten the room. Light, airy, yet warm. Thus the Rice Flakes folks, wannabe white, with a hint of warmth. I think I like it. I suppose I shouldn't even have an opinion yet as it isn't even done. So heres a couple of pics, I give you Rice Flakes, and my guy, lookin like a little old man...





And heres the "before" paint LOL...



Have a fabulous day! I feel a snow day or two coming on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home