~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, March 11, 2007

New Pots And Pans Yippee

Saturday was another spring-like day. The temperatures were in the pluses. The snow and ice was starting to melt. Hubby went to town to have a prescription filled and he did a little shopping while there. He came back with groceries (how thoughtful), a carrying case for Little Rs new camera, two cases of firelogs (how romantic) and a new set of pots and pans for me. I had asked Santa for pots and pans but I guess it was too tall an order for him. I wonder if this will encourage me to cook more often? Not likely. So that was still a nice surprise.
In the evening, we drove Little R to meet up with friends at the theater in town and then met up with our friends for "pool or bowling". Now neither of us has bowled in a very long time, so I was kind of dreading it. But it turned out there are several pool tables at the bowling alley (neither of us had ever been there before so we weren't aware of this), so pool it was, whew. It was fun, had a few drinks and several games of pool. Then it was time to pick up the kids from the theater. They went to see "Wild Hogs" but it was sold out so they ended up seeing "Terrabithia" (not sure how its spelled) and then we all headed back to our friends for one last drink and whatnot. As we were standing outside in the barn, having a smoke, I noticed it was snowing again, UGH. It was supposed to be rain dammit. Can't believe I am now looking forward to rain, but I really am.
I found out a few of the local ladies, well 3 that I know of, are planning to rent the town hall for a garage sale in April. I've been invited to join in, but can't make up my mind whether I want to be involved or not. They are actually getting together to discuss it next week, so I'm gonna go to that and see what they have in mind. Since I was planning my own yard sale in May anyways, maybe I can get it out of the way sooner, the end of April. But on the other hand I would then have to haul all my crap over to the town hall. Also I would have to pay my share of the rent, but then again, it would be indoors, so worth the minor cost. Sigh, I just can't decide. But I think it does make sense. I think I will go for it. That way if it doesn't work out I can try again, later in the season, from home. It's just the thought of hauling stuff back and forth that is not at all appealing. I'll have to get all the details before I can make any kind of decision. It would kind of depend on how much space I'll have too. Like I have a lot of stuff to get rid of, and some big stuff as well. If it doesn't sell I'd have to haul it all back home, ugh. So in some ways it's more convenient to do it from home and still in other ways it would be more convenient to do it at the town hall. Sigh.
Well I'm feeling much less manic these days. Now I'm just wishy-washy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home