~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Thursday, November 09, 2006

What Skating Rink?

Good evening.
This sign hangs on the fence around the tennis court at the local park...



It clearly states "skating rink". That was one of the little things which weighed in on the pro side of moving here. This will be our 4th winter here and there hasn't been a skating rink at the park once yet. Last year a spigot was installed supposedly for the express purpose of flooding a skating rink. It didn't happen. We've tossed around the idea of making our own rink in the backyard, but it seems like an awful lot of work. Since we've never done it before, we're not sure where to begin. And the way life goes, the year we go ahead with it will be the same year the Lions Club makes one at the park.

It looks like the township may have finally fixed the water problem. After much digging and making a mucky mess that is.

We've discovered more missing mail. Our mortgage renewal papers. The mortgage company called us wondering why they haven't heard from us yet. Also, the other day when I fetched the mail, I noticed an envelope which was taped closed and had a small tear on the flap, as if it had been opened and then taped closed. Definately time to give Canada Post a call.

Ah well, have a nice night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home