~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, March 12, 2007

What Smell? I Don't Smell Anything

The last few days the house has been reeking of gasoline. Of course I've been asking Hubby what it could possibly be. The first day he just pretended he couldn't smell anything (thats what he always does, "I don't smell anything" or "I don't hear anything" or whatever the case may be, he blows me off). The next day he was like "Hmmmm, maybe its on my clothes down in the laundry". I went down and short of sniffing all his clothes, checked if thats what it was, nope. But the smell was definately stronger in the basement area. This morning the smell was stronger and becoming unbearable, like nauseating. So I got a little more forceful with Hubby. Like figure out what it is because its starting to turn my stomach and I'm just not in the mood to get blown to smithereens the next time I light a smoke or try to start a fire in the fireplace. Like really Honey, you're the only person I know who would just ignore the permeating stench of gasoline in their house! So he went out to the garage, he had a feeling it was seeping in from there, since there was no gasoline in the house, and he could no longer deny the smell. Sure enough, some valve or other was frozen open on the snowblower, and gas had been pouring out of it. The garage was all closed up so the fumes were seeping into the house. As soon as he fixed the problem the smell started to mellow out. And what does he then say to me? "I'm sorry honey, I should have gone out there days ago". Sigh, ya think?
I'm thrilled to say the temperature is above freezing today! Its downright spring-like again. I know the weather network predicted this, but I never believe them. I'm hoping by the end of March we'll be seeing the predicted early spring.
Since my recycling boxes are still buried in snow and frozen solid to the ground, I've been forced to improvise. I've been using boxes or bags, whatever is available, for taking my recyclables out to the curb. This week was a big, huge, clear plastic bag. When I looked out there at 10 this morning, and saw that bag still sitting there, even though the truck had obviously been by, because the neighbour across the street's recycling boxes were emptied, I thought he refused to take my recycling. I was a little ticked off. About a half hour later, I heard the truck coming. So, I ran upstairs to watch and be sure he took my stuff. I wasn't sure what to do if he hadn't. Like, do I phone the disposal company to complain or what? Will they then make a special trip out here to pick it up? If not, what's the point of me calling? But he did take it, he took it all. It wasn't our usual guy, which would explain why he was so late going by. So that was a relief, I really didn't want to have to call and I didn't want to be in a pissy mood, especially over that. I'm almost caught up with catching up with the accumulated garbage.
Today Little R has gone to a 2 day dance camp in town. Her friend goes to this dance studio, and they are having this 2 day thing for March break. I'm glad we've been able to get her out of the house. She's become quite the homebody, couch potato over the last few months. And she was home from school for like a week before March break. I think they should've cancelled March break because of that. But I guess they can't do that. Up until this year she was willing to go outside and play in the snow, or whatever, with all the other kids in the neighbourhood. This being the first year the Lions Club actually did make a skating rink down at the park, she has actually gone there skating, a few times. But other than that it's been watching TV, movies, playing on the computer, video games and iPods. Oh, and talking on the phone any chance she gets. I'll be glad when 4-H starts up again and she is going out to the farm to train her new calf. That's fresh air!
I guess I can start shopping for new "whites" any time too, yippee. 4-H is a big thing in these parts, so it can be a challenge to find white clothes in any of the local stores, at this time of year. Seemingly especially in Litte Rs size.
No, I haven't even threaded the sewing machine yet. No, I haven't even started preparing my quilt squares yet. No, I haven't touched the piles of yard sale stuff yet, other than adding little bits to it.
I'm off, maybe I'll put away my new set of pots and pans today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home