~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, April 14, 2007

No PD13

The decision was made, we didn't go to PD13. It was just too cold, with a cutting wind, and snow. Knowing there will be another one in 3 months , without snow, was a deciding factor.

We had a nice leisurely day. S.W popped in this morning with a round of Timmys. The yard sale lady stopped by with more flyers for me to put up on bulletin boards around other towns.
We went out for lunch.
We went to Dollarama, where Hubby became a bit of a nag. They had some really cute summer hats so I grabbed a few for my Christmas shoe boxes. That's the kind of stuff I like to get when I see it, before they sell out and become unavailable. I got photo printing paper, picture frames, sunglasses, some scented candles, batteries, the things we need, and then he started bugging me about buying other stuff. He wasn't too obnoxious about it, just got started. Once we left he said he was sorry, it could have been worse. We could have gone to PD13 and done some shopping there, which would have cost a lot more than I spent in Dollarama. So, he admitted, he should have just kept quiet. Uhuh.

Hubby set up that scooter in the house, rather than out in the garage. Not sure why. But it now sits in the middle of my diningroom, ugh. It has two flat tires. I think I'm going to insist he move it to the garage tomorrow. Better yet, take it out there and get it fixed up so he can use it.

The things people are asking for on Freecycle continues to amaze me.

Hubby's been putting the new deep fryer to good use. Hopefully the novelty will wear off before we all explode.

To be honest, I haven't touched my yard sale stuff in over a week. I haven't even glanced into the spare bedroom. The day of the community sale is getting closer, fast. I find April is flying by, despite the rotten weather. I'm down to 2 weeks to get everything organized and ready.

After their renovation job, S.W found they don't have a place for their corner cabinet, so she generously offered it to us. I had admired it at some point, so she knew I liked it. I have a perfect spot for it in the familyroom.

Well, I'm not sorry we missed another PD13. I don't think it would have been very enjoyable. Now I'm really hoping it isn't rainy or anything in July. Sigh.

Here's the scooter we got after much ado from a Freecycler. And the corner cabinet S.W is giving to us...




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home