~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Update And Weekend Plans

So I assume it was a CAS worker who dropped off Little Rs things Friday afternoon. She got everything back except her jewelry box and her health card and birth certificate...sigh. But she sure was happy to get her clothes.

This weekend is going to be spent doing yard work and house work. We have friends coming up on Sunday and they may have to pitch in a bit with the work. And the friends are Cathy and her husband, yes "Anonymous Cathy", lol, we are friends again. And it's nice to have such an old friend. They want to help out with the house. So I may as well take them up on the offer. Lord knows I could use the help. She may even walk away from it with some treasures.

Last weekend we went to a picnic hosted by Cathy and her husband. They do it every year, though this was the first time we went. We had a great time. It sure was nice to get out. I even played some frisbee. She always has things at these events, like silly hats, that everyone must put on and have their picture taken. This time it was a purple hat, huge sunglasses and an inflatable swim ring. It was fun. Not knowing that they don't usually bring alcohol, probably because it's in a public park, I was the only one who brought alcohol. Everyone was dipping into my stash of coolers, but it was ok, it all worked out. We brought a bottle of wine too but it didn't even get opened. We also brought a pasta salad and a watermelon. I came home with about half the salad but the watermelon went over well. There was plenty of food and plenty good times. Lots of pictures were taken. Here, I'll post a couple...

Me and Mr. Man...



Mr. Man cutting the watermelon...



Mr. Man with a swim ring on his head...



Me with the hat on...


And me and Cathy...

A good time was had by all. It was a pretty good scoff. There was a barbecue, lots of salads, chocolate covered strawberries, date squares, watermelon and I don't know what else. It was good, clean, family fun.
Cathy hasn't seen my house yet. I would much prefer having her up to a clean house. But she knows what I've been going through and she understands how things got away from me. I'm going to try to have some stuff done before she comes. I don't want to totally gross her out. I'm looking forward to a productive weekend. It's a long weekend. Cathy is on vacation from work. She's going to stay for a couple of days. Hopefully we'll have some good times again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

hey i think logan scarfed over half of that watermelon by himself! hes a beast for melon type fruits.

shall i bring up my tsp stuff? lol that shit will cut thru any grime!

lookin forward to comin, should be a good weekend!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home