~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Cozy Evening At Home

Good afternoon.
What a yucky day.
Went to town this morning to do a little shopping. It was a zoo. Sadly, it will only get worse from now until Christmas.
We went to buy some of those new LED lights which were on sale. $5 for a 35-light set. I didn't realise they come in different sizes, they do, these are the smaller ones. Apparently these lights use 80%-90% less energy than the old type. The proof will be in our hydro bill. The box claims they should last for 20 years. What I also didn't realise is, the bulbs are not removable or, therefore, replacable. So once they die that's it. We bought 10 sets and a couple of sets of the bigger size at regular price. We bought a couple last year too. We should be all set now to replace all our old lights. It is a fact that the old lights hiked our hydro bill up considerably.
Currently, Hubby has gone back to town to the computer shop. He is attempting to network our home computers so they can be online at the same time. Being on dial-up makes every little thing a hassle. This coming week, we are getting a second phone line so we can have a dedicated computer line. Yay!
I took a photo of all of Little R's 4H prize ribbons...



Shopping with Hubby isn't fun at the best of times, but when it's a jam-packed-holiday-zoo, he is a real treat to have around. He turns into this trembling, sweating, cranky-as-hell mess. I think his new meds spaz him out too. Can't wait to actually start Christmas shopping, oh the joy. This is so late for me to be starting, I'm getting nervous. Normally I'm pretty much done by now. It's sneaking up on us fast.
That reminds me, when I spoke to my sister last, she had mentioned wanting to put up her lights and decorate and how odd this is. She hates Christmas. Normally, she is miserable about it and does everything grudgingly. She has been saying and doing things quite out of character lately. In the case of her Christmas attitude adjustment, it's a good thing!
Have a cozy evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home