~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Big Bird

Down the road from us there is a conservation park. There's a lake there. I've never actually gone into the conservation park part of it, so I'm not sure exactly what all is there, other than a lake. There is a diner which is located on the edge of the park. In the diner parking lot there's this huge birds nest on top of a pole. Like a hydro pole. We drove by today and there was a bird sitting in the nest. I'm not sure what kind of birds they are, but they are very large. Luckily, for once I actually had my camera with me. I've been meaning to take photos of that nest for a couple of years now. It's not very often you actually see a bird sitting there. I guess being spring its that time of year that they do their thing. So, here's the pictures...




They aren't the best pictures I know. As sweet as my camera is, I wouldn't mind an even better one for things like this. It was overcast today too, might get a better shot with some better light. I didn't want to walk too close to it for fear of disturbing the bird. Wouldn't want to incite the wrath of a bird that size. I imagine there are eggs, or an egg, which it's guarding at this time of year. I've had a mama robin get upset with me for approaching too closely it's nest of babies. She let me know in no uncertain terms that she was not happy with me. Man, was she ever LOUD too! Be interesting and fun to go back and check for babies. I have no idea how long it would take to hatch baby birds. I think the robins took about 2 weeks, from eggs to babies. If I knew what kind of bird it is I could just look up the info. Now that we know it's there, we can drive by as often as we like and look for the babies. Yay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home