~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Thursday, March 06, 2008

A Day In The City

We had to go down to the city yesterday. But before we could go anywhere, we had to shovel out from the dumping of snow we got. Man there's a lot of snow out there. And now they're calling for more tomorrow and Saturday. It's hard to see spring at the end of the tunnel at this point.

So it was still snowing as we were shovelling out. We had to go down to renew our mortgage. We left early and got down there early, so we popped in at my sisters and had a little visit with her and my dad. They were happy to see us. We had a nice visit. My sister gave me a bag of books.

Then it was off to the lawyers office. We got there early too. We spent most of the day sitting in the lawyers office and running between the lawyer and the mortgage broker. It was a long day. Just glad it's all taken care of now. The problem was we had to find a new lender. Our old lender didn't want to renew with us. After signing our lives away, I feel a big change in lifestyle coming on. No more frivolous spending for me. We're really going to have to tighten our belts.

By the time we were heading back home, the sun was shining and the snow was melting. They had a lot in the city too, but nothing compared to what we've got at home. It was a snow day so Little R was home alone all day, she didn't want to come with us. We bought coffee on the way down and coffee on the way back home. Out of the 4 "roll up the rim to win" cups we won 1 lousy donut.

It was a lot of driving for Mr. Man and a lot of stress. When we got home we just kind of flopped for the evening. In our travels I got to see where Mr. Mans new job is. I had no idea. He seems to think that when I have my car back I'm going to go down there to take him out for lunch or something. Driving in the city is intense. I don't know if I could do it now, it's been so long. We saw lots of cars in the ditch on the way down. The roads were pretty bad in the morning. But coming home the roads were all cleared. The sunshine was fabulous.

The meeting with the Vice Principal the other day went well. I am hoping Little R will get back on track now. She used to love school. I think she still likes it, she just has all this new freedom and the peer pressure to skip. She's going to do what her friends are doing. Hopefully the meeting was helpful. If we can get her to finish high school, we'll have done our job as parents. I'd like to see her go on to college, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

I'm off to start my day. It was another day that Mr. Man got up and went to work without waking me up. It feels strange to get up at 7 a.m and to not see him in the morning. I wish he wouldn't do that. I guess I was pretty tuckered from yesterday. And I took my sleep aids kind of late. Oh well, have a great day.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the action plan with Little R?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Well Big R the plan of action is, if she skips, she gets to spend her lunch period with the Vice Principal.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh... That sucks! I hope it works!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home