~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Friday, March 07, 2008

Show And Tell Friday #3

Show and Tell

It's Show and Tell Friday again. Go to Kelli's There Is No Place Like Home to see all the other participants or to participate yourself.

Today I'm going to show you a couple of rings. Mr. Man has given me several rings over the years, but never really an engagement ring. So one day he bought me "the rock". It was a beautiful half carat, marquis cut diamond solitaire. Somehow I managed to lose the diamond. It obviously got hooked on something which pulled the claws open and the diamond fell out. I was very sad when I noticed it.



One day last summer we were browsing around in The Hock Shop. We saw a ring. We both thought it would be a perfect replacement for the one I had lost. It is also a half carat, round cut, solitaire and came with an appraisal certificate. It is worth a lot more than he paid for it. (It was not easy to get a decent photo of it). I am a lot more careful with this ring. You can't really see very well in the picture but it has a gold heart on either side of the diamond. I love this ring!


I am so lucky that my husband thinks it's important for me to have a rock. I will be a lot more careful with this ring. I would not want to go through the heartache of losing it again.

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed my Show and Tell. Have a great day!

Labels:

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sad story with a happy ending! :)
The ring is lovely.

Blessings,

Gina

I'm sorry to put my url here but it doesn't work in the name/url box

http://www.simplyheartandhome.com/

8:36 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

And a beautiful ring to replace the lost "rock"!!!

My Show n Tell is quite eclectic, if you haven't dropped by yet, do so. I hope to have you visit.

Happy weekend.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom! You have more rings than that!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you lost your "rock". So glad you got it replaced. That happened to me too. It's heart breaking when that happens.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Constance said...

Very pretty! I am not a big jewelry kind of gal so I only have my wedding band. One year the Hub and I took a weekend getaway to Colorado. We stayed at the old Delaware Hotel in Leadville. He gave me a praise & worship CD I had been wanting. I thought it was odd that it was already opened. When I looked inside there was no CD! Instead he had placed a diamond heart necklace along with a poem he had written for me. needless to say, I cherish it and wear it ALL the time!
Connie

11:37 AM  
Blogger cherished*vintage said...

I can't imagine the feeling of losing a diamond - how awful! Your replacement is gorgeous.
-Karoline

12:48 PM  
Blogger Joyfull said...

Beautiful rings! I have lost the stone out of my wedding ring twice, although it is much smaller than your first one, it is still heartbreaking. Your new ring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Lovely ring. So sad about losing the diamond :o(
Susan

2:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hello! I am sure it was so sad to loose your diamond! The new ring is just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Momma Roar said...

I really like your second ring - with the hearts!

Sorry to hear you lost the first one - but what a special one to find!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

How sad you lost the diamond, but the replacement ring is beautiful.
Someone broke into our house while we were gone many years ago and among the items taken was my engagement and wedding ring. I was devastated. We did get almost everything back a few months later including the rings. It really was a miracle that we got them back. God is still the God of miracles.
Have a great weekend.

4:00 PM  
Blogger j said...

Sad story and sweet story, all at the same time! Jen

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My engagement ring is in my jewelry box because one of the prongs came loose and we never got it fixed and I was so afraid of losing it. A friend told me the finer the gold, the more something like even a hair getting caught on a prong could loosen it.

I am so glad you got a replacement! It is beautiful!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow what a blessing to be able to find a replacement for the ring.. it is beautiful. I lost my diamond from my weding ring three years ago.. still wear it without the diamond.. until I can afford a replacement. Have a happy weekend !! Mica

5:52 PM  
Blogger JEWELGIRL said...

When I worked in a jewelry
store I heard so many stories
about losing stones out of
rings. It happens more than
you think! So glad you got the
opportunity to replace it!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

WOW...this story truly did have a happy ending and your ring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an unusual ring and so pretty. Hang on to that man of yours - he obviously noticed how much it meant to you to have that special ring.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy endings are the best.
Cookie

11:34 PM  
Blogger MightyMom said...

how lovely! thanks for coming by my place! come on back anytime

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home