~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Productive Long Weekend

Well it was a very productive weekend indeed. Most of the house is clean and most of the grass is cut and raked. And not surprisingly I do feel a little better about life. Not a lot, just a little. It didn't make as much of a difference in how I feel as I thought it would.

Cathy and her husband came up on Sunday and they helped with the yard work. Couldn't have done it all without them. We had a barbecue for dinner then the husband left for home leaving Cathy here for a couple of days. We had our first bonfire of this year. Me and Cathy got a little tipsy at the fire. The thing is still smoldering 2 days later. On Monday Cathy was up cleaning my kitchen when I got up. She couldn't sleep, I guess our couches just weren't comfortable for her, so she got up and started cleaning. We got it all done and then it was a long boring day. I never realized just how boring it is here in paradise until I had someone to amuse. Because it was so boring she went home this morning rather than tonight. I couldn't have handled another day of sitting around with nothing to do and nowhere to go. She's used to the city where theres always something. So our visit was cut short, but it was nice to have the company and the help getting things done.

Things still don't feel normal around here. Until Mr. Man is allowed to come live here again it won't feel right. I'm still depressed. Even with the place cleaned up. I need my Mr. Man.

SW left for a road trip on Sunday. She is driving out to Edmonton. She's a lot braver than I am, I can't even imagine it. I spoke to her briefly on messenger this morning and she's not there yet but getting there. Everything is going good.

So that was my weekend. I did more than I've done in months and I felt it. I'm so out of shape I can't believe it. Just walking over to the corner store just about killed me. I've really stopped taking care of myself. Time to change that before it's too late. All I really need to do now is get on the laundry. But all I feel like doing is sleeping. I really am bored silly with living here. It used to be fun, now it's just a lot of work. Maybe when things get back to normal I'll feel differently, I don't know. But see how I'm dragging this post out just so I don't have to get up and do something? Time to get moving, have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home