~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, December 20, 2009

5 Days Til Christmas

Greetings. Wow only 5 days until Christmas. I'm still not done shopping. We went out yesterday and did the majority of shopping and it was a madhouse out there. There wasn't much left to choose from either. At this point we're still not sure if T will be spending the holidays with us or not. I have never been this unprepared for Christmas before in my life. After shopping all day we hauled all the boxes up from our locker and got the tree put up. We'll finish decorating it today. We've never put it up this late before. It's snowing today, that was an unexpected surprise.

Friday night we went to the local theater and saw A Christmas Story live. We went with S & D. It was pretty good. It wasn't as good as last years A Christmas Carol so I was a little disappointed, but the others really enjoyed it. We're thinking of making it a tradition with the 4 of us going to the theater to see a Christmas play. Our theater is in the same building as the Municipal offices, it's the town hall, there's a courtyard out front and they put up the biggest, most beautiful tree. We took pictures of each other standing in front of the tree. After the play we went to a pub and had a bite to eat and a couple of drinks. It was a lovely night out with awesome people.

I don't know what it is, well, in my case it's that time of the month, but all three of us are emotional wrecks. I've been bursting into tears at the drop of a hat, Mr. Man is crusty as hell and today Little R had a hissy fit and stormed off to her room and fell asleep. Yesterday I saw something in a store that reminded me of Bear and I burst into tears in the middle of the store. Mr. Man has been raising his voice to both of us over stupid little things and of course I start bawling right away. In fact that's what sent Little R to her room in tears today. He's been quite the grouchy bear. I've been just trying to keep everyone calm and happy, not an easy task.

My friend who lives at Lake Erie was going to come here New Years Eve but she had to cancel because she got a new job and will be working that day and it's just too long of a drive after working. Congratulations on the job C. The other night D mentioned having us over there for New Years and I was thrilled about that. I love going to their place! Just hoping she doesn't change her mind. I really like to go out for New Years.

So I'm off to finish decorating the tree and hopefully get started on the gift wrapping. Have a great Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home