~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Karma Is A Wonderful Thing

A very good thing happened last week. This guy at Mr. Mans work was stealing money out of Mr. Mans jacket. It was a regular thing. Sometimes it was a $20 bill other times it was a couple of bucks in change. At first Mr. Man thought he lost it or was just being careless. Eventually he figured it out. So the bosses installed cameras. They caught him doing it the very first day the cameras were up. Two weeks before Christmas, two days before the company party, they fired him. He owed them money, so much in fact, that he left penniless, and still owing them money. He lost a good job with excellent benefits and probably ruined his Christmas all over stealing $3 that day. It's a really good case of Karma. Everyone was glad to see him go. People were talking about not going to the party if he was going to be there. He was not well liked in the company. They have a replacement for him starting after the holidays. Mr. Man is very happy, therefore so am I.

The party was good. We had the same limo driver as last year. We ate, we drank, Mr. Man and I were the only ones who danced. I think everyone got pretty smashed. The place was cram packed full. The band was very good, but they were playing for all the old people who were there. I got them to play one AC/DC song lol. I ordered champagne and they didn't have any. We all had a good time. Looking forward to next year.

I was planning a little get together at home next weekend. It was going to be us and two other couples. We've all known about this for weeks. Been looking forward to it. I do enjoy having people over. Well at the last minute, this morning, one couple cancelled. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say, it sounds like a big fat excuse to me. I do understand, but I also know there's ways around it. They could come if they really wanted to. So once again I'm faced with the dilemma do I go ahead anyways or just call it off? I am so disappointed and finding out who my friends really are.

I just now got to finally meet Little R's boyfriend. She brought him in to meet me. He seems ok. It could be worse that's for sure. Now if we can just win Mr. Man over lol.

It's been snowing a lot, but then it rains a bit, then more snow. I went shopping with D today and the roads were a mess. I am so grateful to have D driving me around shopping. Now I can say I have started Christmas shopping! Finally. Still got plenty to do though. Next week is going to be busy.

Well I'm off, got tons to do. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home