~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Peace and Quiet

It is eerily quiet here this morning lol. Not entirely unpleasant. I can think again! The only sound is the crackling of the fire in the fireplace, and the low hum of my computer.
I have my work cut out for me. The whole house is a wreck. At least getting the dishes done is no longer an issue. What was that tv show I used to watch, where they cleaned out a house and sorted everything into 3 piles, keep, toss and sell, and then they have a yard sale at the end? Thats kind of what I'm trying to do without the tarps laid out all over my yard to pile stuff on lol. And I have no intention of doing it all in one day! I also don't have the luxury of a carpenter on-site just waiting to build me shelves and cabinets lol.
I finally heard from Big R, she's been too busy to call her mother and it looks like they may be coming up for Thanksgiving dinner! That will be nice, its been a few years since we've been able to all get together for that. She also wants to see her sister in a 4-H competition lol. Big R got a puppy! Not sure if I mentioned it here before or not. Penelope the Peekapoo...
If nothing else, one thing Little R is gaining from the 4-H experience is self confidence. It takes guts for a kid to get out in front of that many people, and with an animal twice the size as yourself. She has been told considering she came from the city, not a farm, and has no previous experience, this is her first year, she is doing awesome! She's doing better than some kids who do come from farms etc.
Well, I'm off, time to get some work done around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home