~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, August 26, 2006

First of the Fall Fairs...Fun Wow!

Good evening!

Today was great! It was Little R's second time showing Gem. We headed out in the morning to the Palmerston Fall Fair. They did well. They do 2 rounds, the first round is for showmanship, the second round is all about the calf. They didn't win, but they still get an envelope with cash in it and a small ribbon for participating. In the first round they got bumped up a couple of places after the judge made his first choice! The judges seem to tend to do that...line them all up and then change some of their positions. So that was exciting, she went from 7th place to 5th place and in the second round she came in 6th. Not too shabby at all! Our friend D.W won 3rd place in both rounds! Way to go Deb! They both did very well, and there were 4 very proud parents in the audience, plus a beaming uncle/trainer lol!
It was a pretty small fair, didn't even have midway rides, but there was plenty of other things to see and do. It was more of an old-fashioned, true farmers county fair. There was an antique tractor show/competition, threshing, auctions, judging competitions of everything from produce and livestock to quilting, crafts, flowers and baking. Lots of homemade goodies to eat. We checked out the handmade windmills and lighthouses for sale, got the guys card and may go buy one later. I have the perfect spot for a windmill in the backyard lol. There was pony rides and helicopter rides!
I got stung by a bee AGAIN lol. Dam it hurts more now than when it happened.
Today was also the Poker Run and we did pass by some folks we know who did go, as we both passed through the same town at the same time and stopped for coffee. I don't mind too much that we missed it because we had a great time at the fair. Besides it was cloudy and cool, and threatening to rain most of the day.
They've all gone to a tractor pull this evening, I opted to stay home with my Bear. Poor guy has been left home alone a lot this week and I just didn't feel up to it, I'm a little tuckered out.
So here are a few pictures from today...


























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home