~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bear Meets A Porcupine

This morning I let the boys out as usual, hooked Eddie up to his tether and watched Bear romp around the yard. (Eddie can romp on his tether just fine lol). I noticed Bear bolt towards the back of the yard like he was chasing something. Then he was obsessing at the fence over something in the next yard. I figured he had just chased something away into the next yard, thought nothing of it. When I finally called him back in is when I saw the snout full of porcupine quills! Ok, it wasn't full, it was just a few, but enough to send me into a panic. I've never experienced this before, I didn't quite know what to do. I thought you weren't supposed to pull them out, that you had to take them to the vet. It didn't seem to be bothering him too much. So I called Mr. Man at work. He wasn't there yet. I waited for him to return my call, it was only a few minutes. I basically had to beg him to come home to deal with this. I was just panicking. He agreed to come home, I didn't really have to beg. Meanwhile I had looked it up online, removing porcupine quills from a dog. Turns out, you can just pull them out. So Mr. Man came in, pliers in hand, and set to it. Having them removed bothered Bear more than having them in there in the first place. I had to cover his eyes with my hands for the last couple, because he wouldn't sit still as soon as he saw the pliers coming. The very last one Mr. Man just plucked out with his fingers. Then he was off back to work. Bear seems fine. So I probably could have pulled them out myself after all. But I'm a big wimp when it comes to anything like that. Alls well that ends well. Hopefully Bear did scare it off and it isn't lurking in the back yard waiting for another round. So that was the excitement for today.
Little R has gone to a 2 day 4-H event. She'll be showing her calf tomorrow. Unfortunately we won't be able to attend. We will however attend the show this Saturday.
Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home