~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, November 12, 2007

My Weekend, It Kinda Sucked

This weekend was filled with cleaning and painting and a lot of avoiding doing what needs to be done. When faced with it, I am slightly shocked at the condition I have allowed the house to fall into. This is what happens when you spend your days sleeping or sitting in front of the computer. The appraisal has been set up for Tuesday morning. That leaves one more day to get this place in shape for viewing. It's not going to happen. It'll be better than it was, but still, it's a dump.

We dropped off the Christmas shoeboxes. Oddly, I didn't feel warm and fuzzy. I think next year, besides the shoeboxes, maybe we'll adopt a family or something. I'd like to help out at a local level too.

We went to town a few times. That's how we avoid working on the house. When we went to WallyWorld to look at winter coats for Little R, Mr. Man vanished. He soon reappeared with a vacuum. Ok, but we have central vac, it doesn't work, but why don't you just fix it? I guess it's easier to buy a new vacuum. So there I was, vacuuming the much neglected floors, and man does this thing have suction. As I was going along under the couch it made a strange noise, like it sucked up something big. Hmm. A few minutes later it just shut itself off. Mr. Man got out the manual, apparently if it over-heats it will automatically shut off. Well the place is dirty, I suppose it's possible we over-worked the thing. The book said to let it sit for half an hour then try again. When I turned it back on I noticed it had no suction. Oh oh, I think we broke it. Mr. Man starts poking a wire hanger through the hose part, theres something in there, it's clogged. When he finally got it out, it was a sock LOL. Oops. It worked fine again after removing the sock, go figure. So now the dog hair is all cleaned up, all the better for seeing the pee stains from Edwad. Sigh.

We ended up getting Little R a coat from Marks Work Warehouse. Got a good deal, picked one that was on sale. That store has come a long way from just work clothes, they have nice stuff now. So then we looked at boots. She doesn't like the ones she has and I don't think they are thermal. Ever since I got myself a pair of good boots I now know the difference between good boots and cheap boots. We find a pair she actually likes and they have in her size. Cool lets go. I didn't even check the price of the boots, big mistake. I almost fainted at the check out. They were $170! They better keep her feet warm! So now I'm trying to Freecycle her old boots, which aren't that old at all.

Speaking of Freecycle, we got rid of the two dressers and TV out of Little Rs room. Someone came and picked them up Sunday morning. Then she decided she also wanted to switch desks. So part of the day was spent moving furniture. Her room seems a lot bigger with that TV out of there. Now she has nearly antique dressers and her sisters old desk which were in the spare bedroom. One of the old dressers is missing a handle. I've looked high and low for a replacement, no luck. I've even looked in antique shops. They have handles, but nothing similar. I don't know what we'll do, but we have to do something.

While I was putting out the garbage I let Bear come out with me, loose. Didn't the little bugger casually walk behind the car and the next thing I know he's gone. While I was wandering down the street looking for him, knowing all along he's out in the field, I see one of my neighbours has Christmas lights and a tree up in their front window. The lights are one thing, but it is way too early for a tree. I know the stores are doing it, but they're trying to sell stuff for Christmas. I wonder what my neighbour is trying to sell. And that reminds me that I saw our outdoor lights in the garage when I was looking for the booster cables to start my old car to take to the wreckers. They were buried under a ton of debris. Sigh. The old car never did start. What a run around it was. At one point Mr. Man locked the keys in the car. I knew it as soon as I saw him close the door. So what does he do? Fetch me my hammer would you please? He smashes out a rear window to get back into it! As I say, it never did start, so now we have to call the wreckers to come tow it away. That means we won't get any money for it either. And I don't think he ever did call, so it'll sit there for another month before he gets around to it. And I have a pile of broken glass to sweep up. Sigh. Just getting at the Christmas lights is going to be a chore. I hope we still have some nice weather days ahead to do that. We usually put the lights up after going to the Santa Claus parade. This year it's on the same day as the company party so we won't likely be going. Fortunately there are several small town parades around and they're on different dates, so we will go to a parade, just not the one we usually go to. Now that I'm thinking about it, why do we bother going to the parades? It's not like Little R wants to go, she's 14, she doesn't care about a Santa Claus parade. Having no little kids around seems to be sucking the life right out of Christmas for me this year. I keep expecting to get that warm fuzzy feeling and it's just not happening for me. It seems like a lot of work and that's about all. I've finally reached that point of age where it just isn't exciting any more. People with this attitude used to drive me nuts. How can you not get excited about Christmas? Well, now I know how, it's easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home