~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Morning Chatter

When I went out to start shovelling the driveway, while Mr. Man lounged on the couch watching TV might I add, I found that one of the neighbours had used a snow blower to clear away most of the snow in front of the car. There was still a mountain covering one side of the car. I didn't know what to do with that, so I just came back in. I didn't even take any pictures. Mr. Man never did go out to have a look at it, so he doesn't really know what to expect this morning. He is out there now, I assume, shoveling. He had to take all his pain meds and wait for them to kick in before going out to tackle it. We're expecting higher temperatures and rain later in the week. Hopefully that will do away with some of the snow. Unfortunately it will also mean a leaky basement. We should have a very wet basement this spring when all this snow melts.

So we set the clocks ahead this weekend. I didn't notice it staying light later yesterday. The truth is we slept most of the day and woke up around 7 p.m. So we missed the sunset. It should be still light out when Mr. Man comes home from work. Why is everything so early this year? Why is Easter in March? I know someone, somwhere changed the daylight saving time to make it earlier, but why is Easter so early? Easter is always in April, I'm confused.

My task for today is checking the level on the propane tank. I have to wade through 4 feet of snow to the tank, then uncover the lid and pry it open to see the gauge. Mr. Man insists on keeping the furnace down, it's cold in this house, and yet we are still going through propane like mad. It seems to always work out that we need propane after a big snowfall, so we need to clear a path to the tank. Even though we have a functioning furnace, I'm cold all the time. I guess trying to conserve has helped a bit, but I don't think it's made enough of a difference to be suffering all the time. In previous years I just kept the furnace cranked and we went broke filling the propane tank. And we bought a load of firewood. This is the first year we've tried to conserve and didn't buy a load of firewood. It has been most unpleasant. Mr. Man doesn't seem to feel the cold. We are opposites, he's always warm and I'm always cold. It sucks to be me.

This will be the second Easter that Little R is too old for the whole Easter Egg Hunt thing. Not having little kids around sucks the fun out of it just like Christmas. It's still a long weekend though so that's cool. It's still a time to celebrate. Last year, I don't know what got into Mr. Man, but he bought me a bunch of gifts. It was kind of weird. It was like a mini Christmas. That's when he gave me an electric blanket which was for me to wrap around myself when sitting at the computer, freezing to death. Seems I can't find it now. I think Little R has it on her bed. So we'll still buy Easter stuff for Little R, and have a special dinner I guess. I hope Mr. Man doesn't do the gift thing again, it was just too weird. It's coming up soon, being early and all. I'll have to dig out the little wreath I made to hang on the front door. I have all kinds of little Easter ornaments. Guess it's time to get them out. Jeez, a couple of years ago, we were having a bonfire and sitting outside at Easter. Obviously that won't be happening this year. I can remember Easters as a kid and it was springtime. It was sunny and warm outside. Now we're having it in the dead of winter.

Time to start my day. As usual I still have a ton of cleaning to do. Will today be the day I get off my ass and do something? Or will I let it go one more day? Honestly I don't know where to start. I know, pick a room, and just start.

Have a great day!



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger teacupsandpoodles said...

Hi Char,
I enjoyed your Monday morning chatter and just thought I'd forward along the answer to your question why Easter is so early this year. My friend Donna sent this to me in an email and I copied it for you.
Easter this year is: Sunday March 23, 2008

As you may know Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the Spring Equinox (which is generally March 20 or 21).

This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrew people used to identify Passover, which is why it moves around on our Roman calendar.

Found out a couple of things you might be interested in!
Based on the above, Easter can actually be one day earlier (March 22) but that is pretty rare.

This year is the earliest Easter any of us will ever see the rest of our lives! And only the most elderly of our population have ever seen it this early (95 years old or above!). And none of us have ever or will ever see it a day earlier! Here are the facts:

The next time Easter will be this early, March 23, will be the year 2228 (220 years from now).

The last time it was this early was 1913 (So if you're 95 or older you are the only ones that were around for that!).

The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in the year
2285 (277 years from now).

The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. So no one alive today has or will ever see it any earlier than this year!

I found you from Kelli's place, show and tell friday. Have a great day.
Mary Ann

12:20 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Wow! Thank you! I did not know any of that. I never knew that was how the date of Easter was picked. I never really thought about it before. Very interesting. Thank you again.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home