~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Snow

Other than the snow, yesterday was uneventful. Man did it snow. At one point I looked out and I couldn't see across the street, it was a whiteout. There is a drift in front of the house that's 5 feet deep. We had to go out and uncover our propane exhaust vents. Little R was nextdoor babysitting, she was there for nine and a half hours. So around 10 p.m we went out to shovel a path for her to get home and we went over and checked on them. It was the nastiest storm we've had yet. Today we'll be out there shovelling the driveway so Mr. Man can go to work tomorrow. Luckily it's the light and fluffy type of snow. I took pictures, but they just don't seem to show the enormity of it. The first picture is the drifts in front of the house and the second picture is part of the path we shovelled.



Doing the driveway will be the worst. Once the plow goes by, the car will be completely buried. We won't be able to get into our garage until spring. I don't remember ever having this much snow here before. Unfortunately I think there is more in our future. We'll get a break for a few days anyway. I'm sure I'll be taking more pictures when we're out there today. We have to shovel out the car, no choice. I don't know where we'll put the snow though. Wish us luck. Amazingly the road wasn't closed. I don't know how that's possible but it's true. And people were out driving in it. My friend SW had to drive in it. Her furnace died so she had to go to town to buy heaters. Talk about terrible timing. Glad she made it safe and sound though. Sorry to hear she was freezing her ass off in the worst storm yet. It's a long story but it actually died a week ago, she's been without a furnace for a week. Good thing she at least has that lovely woodstove.
So that's it for now. Check back for more snow pictures later in the day. Have a great day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Yeah, we're still stumbling over piles left over from January! I am so ready for spring!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home