~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday Chatter

We seem to be in a lull of the wicked winter storm. The worst of it is supposed to hit us today. We are expecting a lot of snow. We got quite a bit last night already. I don't know what we're supposed to do with it all. Clearing the driveway has become quite the challenge. Little R and I did a little shovelling yesterday. There's a thick layer of ice under all the snow. There's no way we can completely clear the driveway. We have a path between mountains of snow just wide enough for the car to get in and out.

Speaking of Little R, she is now on March Break. They had yesterday off as well, it was a PD Day. Wish me luck keeping her amused. She won't be able to do anything or go anywhere, she'll be stuck here with me. We don't even have TV half the time because the satellite keeps going down. I won't have the car to take her anywhere. I doubt Mr. Man will get the chance to fix the truck this weekend with the impending storm and all. She should be eager to get back to school by the end of it.

When we were at the lawyers office on Thursday we had to show ID which they copied. That is how I found out my drivers license is expired. I must have got a form in the mail to renew it, but I must have forgotten all about it. It's been expired since October! I'll have to get on that a.s.a.p. I will have my car again eventually, like if it ever stops snowing. Even if I had the car it wouldn't be wise for me to be driving Little R anywhere without a license.

Once again I really enjoyed participating in the show and tell Friday thing. Once again thank you all for all the nice comments. I was doing something wrong though. I didn't use my permalink to link to that post. I didn't know how, but I read instructions so now I know. I always wondered what the permalink was for, now I know. So if you came here to see my show and tell but are reading this instead, I do apologize. I think I already know what I'm going to do next week. There have been roughly 70 participants since I've been doing it, that's a lot of blogs to visit. But it's fun and gives me something to look forward to each week.

My doctor asked me to get a blood test when I saw him a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the miracle pills can cause high cholesterol. I seem to have lost the requisition form. I guess I'm not good with forms, first my drivers license, now this. Perhaps if I was better organized this wouldn't happen. Things tend to get lost on the kitchen table, then stuffed into a bag and put in the spare bedroom never to be seen again. Then again it could still be in the car amongst the clutter. Yup, even the car is a cluttered mess.

I was thinking of making a fire, it's quite chilly down here. But I think I'll just put on a sweater instead. I don't want to use up the firewood with this storm coming. If the power goes out we'll need the firewood for heat. This winter just seems never ending. I don't think it's been any worse than usual, maybe more snow than usual, but it just seems like it will never end. I am so looking forward to spring, but I know in my heart of hearts it won't be here for a while yet. It's not unusual to have piles of snow in the shade in April.

Well I'm off to start my day. Have a great day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought id send this along to propel you into gettin your license renewed as asoon as possible...last thing you need is to have to go into graduated licensing lol

Driver's Licence Renewal Postcard
Starting October 2006, drivers who do not require a test but require a photo will receive a postcard notice in the mail reminding them it's time to renew their driver's licence. This postcard notice replaces the existing Driver's Licence Renewal Application.

Novice Class Drivers (G1, G2, M1, M2 or M2 with condition "L") In or Outside Ontario
These classes of licences are not renewable upon expiry. Approximately six months prior to the expiry date of the licence a Notice of Novice Driver's Licence Expiry will be mailed to the driver to the last address registered on the ministry's database. This notice will detail the level achieved, and what options the driver has to re-qualify or exit the graduated licensing system.

A novice driver whose licence has been expired must reapply as a new driver and pass the required tests (vision, knowledge, road tests).

Novice (classes G1, G2, M1, M2 and M2 with condition "L") drivers whose licence have been invalid (expired/cancelled/suspended) for up to three years and reapply for a licence during this time do not have to serve the mandatory time period under graduated licensing. However, if the licence has been invalid for more than three years, the driver must serve all the mandatory time periods.

Note: If you passed the G1 or M1 or M1 with condition "L" road test within 12 months of your driver's licence expiry, you may pay the licensing fee of $75 at a DriveTest centre to receive a G2 or M2 or M2 with condition "L" driver's licence valid for five years. You must do this before your licence expires.

Drivers In Ontario (Classes A, B, C, D, E, F, G, M and M with condition "L")
You should receive a renewal application or postcard in the mail to the last address registered on the ministry's database approximately 60 to 90 days prior to your driver's licence expiry date. If you do not receive or have lost a renewal application, a new one can be printed, and your licence renewed while you wait, at any Driver & Vehicle Licence Issuing Office. You can renew an expired driver's licence, without taking tests, within one year of the licence expiry date.

If a driver's licence has been invalid (expired, cancelled or suspended) for more than one, but fewer than three years, you must visit a DriveTest centre to complete a vision test. If your licence has invalid for more than three years, you must pass vision, knowledge and road tests. If your licence has been invalid for over three years but not more than 10 years, you have to reapply under Graduated Licensing at a DriveTest centre—the mandatory waiting periods are waived. If your licence has been invalid for over ten years, you have to reapply under graduated licensing at a DriveTest centre and serve all the mandatory waiting periods.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home