~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Explanation

I feel like now I can explain.

It was the end of March, just after Easter. There was a knock on the door one evening. It was a police officer and a CAS (Childrens Aid Society) worker. They wanted to question Little R. They wouldn't tell me what it was about. They took her away for questioning. I assumed something had happened at school. I really didn't know what to think. They said they would bring her back when they were done. A couple of hours later the police phoned and asked us to go up to the station. When we got there, they arrested Mr. Man!

Mr. Man was held in jail and had a bail hearing the next morning. He was charged with assault. I was up all night just freaking out and calling people trying to find someone to show up to bail him out in the morning. A couple of our friends showed up. I wasn't allowed to bail him out. Obviously I was very angry with Little R. What was she thinking?

It turns out that it all started at school. Little R told "friends" that her dad hit her. All in an effort to fit in with the crowd. She's done many things in the following months in an effort to fit in. So one of these "friends" in an effort to get the heat off of herself, told the school counsellor that Little Rs dad hit Little R. The counsellor called the CAS and the CAS called the police. I guess Little R told them what they wanted to hear when they questioned her. I don't think she had any idea what was going to happen next.

One of Mr. Mans bail conditions was no contact with Little R. So he wasn't allowed to live at home. SWs husband was the one who bailed him out, so he was supposed to live with him. He moved into SWs house. That was quite uncomfortable for him, so after a couple of weeks he moved our trailer over there and parked it in their driveway and lived in it.

There were several court appearances, but it kept getting put off. The crown wanted blood, they wanted him to go to jail. Mr. Man hired a high priced lawyer and he wanted it thrown out of court. So here we are, over 4 months later, and the last court date was this past week. They finally changed the bail conditions to where he is allowed contact with Little R for the purposes of counselling. This means he is allowed to be around the house somewhat.

All those months, Mr. Man would pick me up after work and we would go sit in the trailer and watch movies. Little R was left home alone every night and on weekends.

We are now at the point, all of us, where we just want this to end. We want our family back to normal. We want our life back. We go back to court at the end of September, giving us the chance to get some family counselling under our belts before going back to court.

All through this we've had this CAS worker coming to the house every couple of weeks. Her main concern was keeping Mr. Man away from Little R. She wasn't interested in reuniting our family. She wasn't interested in counselling. She just wanted to split this family up. She even at one point suggested Little R and I find somewhere else to live!

There was no hitting. There was yelling and arguing. There was booting in of a door. There was Mr. Man trying to be a good parent. Little R was heading down the wrong path and we were trying to scare her into changing her ways. We tried the nice guy approach with no results. Mr. Man is an excellent father. He is an even better husband. There is no way this is going to ruin our family. We will get through this.

At least now we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Things are looking up. We have a new crown who isn't hell bent on sending him to jail. There's a real chance that it will all just be thrown out of court. Mr. Man and Little R are well on their way to mending their relationship. I've been kind of stuck in the middle of all this and it's been awfully hard on me as well as them. Another reason for this deep depression. Eventually I will heal. Some day I'll have my family back intact.

So that's the hell I've been living in for the last few months. That's what I couldn't talk about. Now you have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home