~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas And Death

It seems like it's always snowing here. When it isn't a blizzard it's flurrying. It just never stops. Yesterday it was raining and everything was melting, then the temperature dropped and it started snowing again.

On Saturday we went to the company Christmas party. It was much better than last year. The limo showed up early and the female driver, who was dressed like a hooker, came to the door and asked to use our washroom. Of course it was a mess. She only opened the car door sometimes. Male drivers seem to be much better at it. There weren't as many people in the car this year so there was more room, it was more comfortable. We basically had the car all to ourselves all the way down to the city before we picked up the others. Dinner was good. Most of the guys had steak, I had potato skins lol. Mass quantities of alcohol were consumed. Everyone was up dancing, the band was pretty good. We had the choice of the limo ride or getting a room at a nearby hotel. We chose the limo, others chose the room. We just didn't want to spend the night down in the city. The limo ride is fun. Some people had to leave early, so the car took them home then came back and was sitting outside at our beck and call all night. On the way home there was only us and one other couple. We dropped them off and then had the car to ourselves again. Our waitress said to me that she was impressed at how well we were all holding our liquor! When the boss signed off on the tab she told him it was the highest tab for that number of people she had ever had! There were 14 of us. Someone kept ordering these apple shooters, they were very good, they tasted like apples. I stole a few shooter glasses. We had a very good time, but I'm sure it would have been even better if we weren't grieving. Not many pictures turned out, I'll have to see what Mr. Man got on his phone camera. Here are a couple of pictures, the limo parked in front of our house, some of Mr. Mans co-workers and spouses, and my lovely poinsetta. I'll post decorating and tree pictures at a later date.














And here's a picture of inside the limo and me and Mr. Man in the limo.





A very good time was had by all.


So there isn't going to be a funeral. There are going to be two memorials. One in Gravenhurst on Saturday and one in Brampton on Sunday. Apparently that's how my sister wanted it. My niece in Brampton is too sick to travel to Gravenhurst so she is hosting a memorial at her house as well. We haven't decided what we're going to do. I kind of want to avoid the whole thing and do nothing. I'm comfortable going to a funeral because I know what to expect. I've never been to a memorial so I don't know what to expect. I think the appropriate thing for us to do is to go up to Gravenhurst. But then we have to get a ride with my other sister because our car is acting up. And we're expected at a party in Mississauga at 6. It's going to be brutal.

It is so conflicting having a death this close to Christmas. I was already having trouble getting the Christmas spirit, now it's impossible. I used to love this time of year and it took no effort to feel all warm and fuzzy. I'd give anything to feel that way again. I gave Mr. Man my cards to mail for me today. I almost forgot all about them. We got a card from Big R yesterday with a lovely picture of her enclosed, that was nice. I've hardly done any decorating this year. We still don't have our real tree. I'm only about half done my shopping. Mr. Man really sucks the fun out of shopping. I think he's a big part of my problem with the Christmas spirit. Previously I had my own car and could just shop at my liesure. Now I have to go with him and he bitches at me through the whole thing. I don't know when we're going to be able to finish the shopping and get a tree. I guess we'll be busy next Sunday. Then i have all the wrapping to do. I don't even have wrapping paper. Usually I buy it after Christmas when it's on sale, last year I didn't get any. I don't know, this is turning into a big clusterfuck Christmas.

I'm off to start my day, maybe I'll do some wrapping today. T has gone with Mr. Man today, so I can wrap their stuff. I have visions of being up very late Christmas Eve doing the wrapping etc. Have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home