~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Friday, December 12, 2008

Rest In Peace Anne

I got some very sad news last night. My oldest sister, Anne, passed away yesterday. I'm not sure of her exact age but she was in her 70s. She had recently had a heart attack and had surgery for that. It's been a couple of years since I saw her, I find myself now wishing I had listened to Mr. Man and gone to visit her. She will be missed. She lived in Gravenhurst and I'm hoping we can hitch a ride with other family members for the funeral since unfortunately the check engine light has started coming on in our car again. We just spent $700 fixing the darn thing. Mr. Man is afraid the car won't make such a long drive. I'm tempted to say it just wouldn't be Christmas without a death in my family. We've had several Christmastime deaths. Even though I didn't see her much recently I will really miss her. She leaves behind a husband, 4 grown children, numerous grandchildren and a few great grandchildren. Rest in peace Anne.

It seems I caught Little Rs virus. I've been sick all week. I've just been hoping I'm well enough to go to the company Christmas party this Saturday. Now I won't be in much of a partying mood anyway. Life does go on though. It's just so conflicting to be mourning and celebrating at the same time. As I say it's nothing new to me though, I've been through this before. We'll still be counting our blessings. Life has to go on. The funeral will be tough. Seeing my sisters family will be hard. I'm sure my brother-in-law is devestated. They were together a very long time. I feel very bad for him but I'm sure their kids will take care of him.

The guys fixed our electrical problem. It seems we had some small fires in our outlets. We're damn lucky we didn't have a fire. They did some rewiring and replaced the outlets with proper ones. So my Christmas tree is lit up once again. We had too much stuff plugged into some of them so we moved things around too.

I found out the other day that my father had been in the hospital. Not sure what was wrong other than he wasn't feeling well. He was sent home the same day I found out about it so he must be doing ok. At his age you just never know. I heard he is very upset about my sister though.

Mr. Man brought me a beautiful poinsetta the other day. I'll be posting pictures of all my decorating once it's all done.

Well I can't think of much else to talk about today. My mind is pretty occupied with thoughts of my sister. I'm off to start my day. Have a good one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I'm so so sorry to hear about Anne Char, sigh.. another christmas death...you've certainly had more than your fair share. Makes it difficult to enjoy the season at a time when it's hard for you to feel the spirit as it is.

Where is the funeral? What funeral home ? I'd like to send flowers, message me with the info please and again, sorry to hear. Hope your dad is holding up ok, sucks to outlive your children.

My thoughts are with you all, take care.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home