~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, November 17, 2008

The First Snow Storm

I went and got my hair cut on Friday. The girl was so afraid to take any length off it, it doesn't even look like I got it cut. She didn't do quite what I wanted but she tried. Sigh. I never have a good experience with hair cuts, never.

Saturday was a rainy, miserable day. We went to visit SW at her new apartment in town. The Santa Claus parade practically went by her door, so we went out to watch it in the pouring rain. All the floats were just drenched. I didn't have my camera with me so no pictures this year. By Saturday night the rain turned to freezing rain then snow. Our power flickered off several times throughout the evening. Thankfully it didn't stay off. After a nice dinner of lasagne and garlic bread I got drunk with my brother-in-law. I drank a lot more than I thought I did.

Sunday it was a winter wonderland outside. The tree beside my front door was bent right over from the weight of the snow. The whole front side of the house was caked in snow. Everything was just covered. It must have been quite the little storm we had. I didn't get up until 2 in the afternoon and I was really hungover. As the day progressed so did my hangover. By last night I felt just terrible. No more drinking for me for a while. Unfortunately we have plans and parties to attend every weekend leading up to Christmas. I'll just have to take it easy with the drinking because I really do not want to feel like that again. The worst part of a hangover is not the headache and aches and pains but the feelings of guilt and depression. I'm just pulling out of my depression, I don't need to feel that way. I always feel depressed the day after getting drunk. It's not worth it. Little R and T made a snowman in the front yard. It was a very lazy day. This weekend went by way too fast. We really got dumped on with the snow. And now its back to the grind. I really miss Mr. Man when he goes back to work on Mondays. I hope these feelings of depression aren't going to stick around. I hope I feel better today. I so don't want to get depressed again. I was just pulling out of it. I really need a car. Being stuck here without one is brutal.

One day last week T cleaned up our basement. It was an amazing transformation. He just moved stuff around and now theres room down there. The house is kind of a mess again after the weekend. We need to clean out the spare bedroom so T can have his own room. I think I'll start on that today. I've been promising to do it for 2 weeks. He's been sharing the couch with the dog. I just wasn't sure how long he's staying, but it looks like he's staying indefinately. So it would be nice for him to have his own room.

Gawd I still feel terrible. No more drinking for me. I'm going to start my day now. I need to put the garbage out, didn't do it yesterday. I'll leave you with pictures of Little R and T and their snowman. Have a great day.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home