~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We Have Snow!

The weather has definately turned. It snowed all day yesterday and we now have snow on the ground. Mr. Man told me it's going to warm up again during the week, we'll see. We're getting 2 bush cords of firewood delivered today, so I hope the weather is nice for hauling it all around back. It's been a couple of years since we had wood delivered. We used to keep it in the garage, but that is now impossible with the mess in there. So we're going to have to stack it along the back of the house and throw a tarp over it. It should be at least a couple of days of work.

The weekend was good. We spent all day Saturday driving around. We went down to Brampton. Then we came back up to Orangeville and drove from store to store looking at snowblowers. We had a nice lunch in town. Then we came home and watched movies all evening. While we were driving around we were listening to the radio. We happened to hear them mention the Legends hockey game the next day. Well, that's the game Mr. Man won tickets for. He thought the game was on the 15th. We came home and checked the tickets and sure enough the game was the next day. We are so lucky we just happened to be listening to the radio, or else we would have missed it and gone all the way to downtown Toronto and been totally embarassed on the 15th.

So Sunday, we went to the Legends hockey game. It was all old players who are in the Hockey Hall of Fame. There was a lot of little ceremonies and stuff. It was a special event. And Kim Mitchell played between periods and after the game. It was fun, we had a blast. The game started at 2 in the afternoon, so it was a nice day out. He won 4 tickets, so we took Little R and T with us.

While we were in all the stores looking at snowblowers I noticed all the Christmas stuff out and it just freaked me out. It's almost Christmastime! I feel this urgency to start shopping. It's only something like 44 days away. I usually start long before this. I'm almost in a panic about it. This year I'm having trouble figuring out what to get for everyone too. I'm usually quite creative. This year I'm clueless. I even considered not buying for a lot of the people I usually buy for. I had the feeling of Christmas spirit about a week ago, but it was fleeting. I hope I feel it again. It's been a few years now since I truly had the Christmas spirit. I really think a big part of the problem is having no little kids around. That takes away the whole Santa thing. We had so much fun playing Santa. Well, I am going to try to have fun with it this year. I long to feel that magical Christmas spirit again.

Well I'm off to start my day. I have to go over to the post office to get some stuff weighed for eBay. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home