~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, May 04, 2009

The Yard Sale Was A Success

I finally had my yard sale. We did it Saturday and Sunday. It was a success, though we still had tons of stuff left over, we got rid of a ton of stuff. Saturday went as expected, people came early and it was over early. All the big and expensive items went right away. We made a few hundred dollars. Then Sunday started out really slow. We only had one guy all morning. Then in the afternoon we had more people, they came in drifts. We made a couple more hundred dollars. Around 4 p.m Sunday I posted on Freecycle to come get the leftovers. I still had people here at 10 p.m going through everything. Like I said, it was a success. We had fun doing it, we made lots of money, and we got rid of a ton of stuff. Now we won't have to move all that stuff. One thing that surprised me was that my books didn't sell well. I had 9 boxes of books. With the people from Freecycle they are slowly disappearing. One guy took a whole box. Come 4:00 Sunday I was giving stuff away. I have people coming back today to get more stuff.

We haven't had much luck finding a new place to live. All we can do is keep looking. A lot of places say no pets and no smoking. I'm not too worried yet, I'm sure we'll find something.

T came up for the weekend. He's still here. He was a big help with the yard sale and helping Mr. Man haul garbage out to the bin. Now moving doesn't seem so overwhelming. The bin is halfway full and we haven't even put any furniture in it yet.

Well I had a great weekend. I guess we should get out there and take down the signs. I'm going to take it easy today. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home