~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Depression Is A Tricky Thing

Did you know that research into depression only started 15-20 years ago? They don't know all that much about it still. By they I mean the medical community. It's a tricky thing because it's not something you can actually see, with your eyes, like a broken bone for instance.
They don't know what causes it. Why do some people experience depression and others don't? Again tricky, because there are likely several factors involved in the cause, several causes. There are different levels of depression, while one person may feel blue and under the weather, at one end of the scale, and another may commit suicide, at the other end of the scale, and everything in between.
It has been hit and miss, trial and error, with treatments and medications.
The good news is, they are doing research. Always coming out with new drugs. Some day it will be figured out.
Personally, there is no question I suffer from depression and always have. It presents itself in different ways at different times. Something that works for me one time may not work the next time.
I don't believe that's what I'm going through right now though. I really don't feel good, physically. I have a lot on my mind. I am wondering if it isn't my cervical issues causing me to feel ill. Or maybe! it's just something I ate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home