~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Friday, November 17, 2006

O Christmas Tree...

Good morning.
Another ugly day out there.
There's no school today so Little R is still asleep. When she came home yesterday, rather than telling us what fun she had, she was pissed off, and telling us how much she missed because of her group leader.

Since living here, actually it started before moving here, I got in the habit of having 2 Christmas trees. I bought a cheap fake one to put up in our party room in the basement where we lived before. The real one went up upstairs in the livingroom. We did the same thing here, except the real one goes downstairs in the familyroom as that's where we spend our time. Last year I gave the fake tree to Big R, she was complaining that her place wasn't decorated or Christmassy, so I asked her if she wanted it and she gladly accepted it. Her apartment is quite small so it fit well. I missed having 2 trees last year, so I've been on the lookout for another fake one. I can't bring myself to pay the big bucks for one though, so I'm looking for a cheap one. I did see pre-lit trees on sale in a flyer, but come time to go buy it, damned if I could remember which store had the sale and damned if I could find the flyer. I suppose we could have 2 real trees, but that would mean buying another stand and keeping them both watered, ugh. This all reminds me of the hole in the ceiling in the familyroom. Last year when Hubby was taking the tree out of the stand, it was stuck, so he gave it a yank, and the top punched a hole in the ceiling lol. That hole is still there and we both kind of chuckle whenever we look at it. There was a time when I had one big box of Christmas decorations. I now have at least 5 big boxes! One box just for all the lights, one box full of garlands and such, at least 2 boxes of tree ornaments, a box of wreaths, etc. I buy new stuff every year, but I rarely throw anything old away. Hard to believe I haven't even started shopping yet! I don't like doing it at the last minute, however, you gotta do what you gotta do. Last year the Mayor and Town Council put on a show at the Town Hall. I went, and it was really pretty good. I haven't heard anything about another one this year. We have a new Mayor now. They also had a New Years Dance at the Town Hall last year, which we didn't attend, but heard it was good. Again haven't heard anything about a dance this year.
Every year since living here we have gone nextdoor on New Years Eve. Last year I wanted to go to the dance but Hubby wanted to stick with tradition and for whatever reason I have been acquiescing to him more and more lately. Actually I do know why that is, it's because I know I am selfish and have been trying to change that.
I see it is snowing now. Little R just got up. I'm off to start my day. Have a good one. TGIF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home