~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, November 20, 2006

Tis The Season Give Give Give

Good morning.
The mail-in vote? It was a disaster.
I had gone over and asked one of the Councillors if we have to vote by mail, if there would also be a regular vote where we could do it in person. She said no, have to do it by mail. I said, "that's lame". She said many people have expressed a positive opinion and, in fact, I was the first to have a negative opinion. She said it was much better for people who work so they don't have to miss any time from work to go vote. Also people who can't get out to vote for whatever reason.
This particular Councillor also runs the Post Office and has total access to the mail. That seems like a bit of a conflict to me. Besides the fact that I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. I do have my reasons for this, and I'm not alone. Yes, she was re-elected.
Apparently people didn't understand the instructions in their voting kits and did it wrong. I still think it was a bad idea. I'm not sure, haven't been reading the local news much lately, so I don't know what they did about it.
It's just another case of people who can't leave well enough alone. If it isn't broke, don't try to fix it. I'm just hoping they learned from this and will go back to the regular voting in person method next time.

The temperature has dropped, it's been below freezing the last couple of days. It flurried all through the night and we have a dusting of snow on the ground this morning.
Besides the food bank collecting goods at the parade, there were some high school kids collecting winter coats, hats, gloves, etc. for a local youth shelter. I wasn't aware of it and didn't notice them at the parade, I read it this morning in the local news. Now I know what I can do with the closetful of old coats we have, and all the extra scarves, hats and mittens that we don't use. The Salvation Army accepts these things too.
You can also donate food, new toys and gift certificates for Dufferin Christmas Hampers which go out to families in need. Drop off locations are the Salvation Army, Orangeville Mall, LCBO, St.Timothy's Catholic Church and Harveys/Swiss Chalet, to name a few.

Tis the season. The season for giving. And I love to give.

If you have ever had hard times then you can appreciate what this is all about.

I'm off to clean. We have an insurance investigator coming to visit today.
Have a great day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home