~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

If It Wasn't For Bad News...There'd Be No News

Was having a great day here.
Still waiting for S.W. to go for coffee. She'll be here around 2.
Took the dog for a walk in the foggy drizzle.
Came back and checked the email.
Theres a comment from Big R to call my dad.
I did.
It's bad.
My niece got her results.
She has stage 4 lung cancer spreading to her bones.
Not much detail like how long she has etc.
Hubby and I plan to go see her this weekend.
Her son came back from Afghanistan.
Her mom, my sister, is down there with her.
She has plenty of family with her for sure.
There is nothing to say.
Nothing can be done.
It's not fair.
I regret the years we spent estranged.
We rekindled our relationship about 4 years ago.
But the last year has held little contact.
Though I think of her often.
She had a very busy life going.
She has so much to live for and so many who love her and will miss her.
This is brutal.
I'm sad.
Later...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems every Christmas season these last several years have been marred by sad,bad news.This year will not be an exception.Unfortunately it will take some time for everything to get back to normal,but it will.It always has and it always will.What makes me quite sick is the past coming forward in the disguise of anonymity to trash and TRY to cause ill will toward my wife.We are quite content without you people(and you know who you are)living in the past,needing to be a part of our life.Get on with your life now.Make some memories of your own instead of dragging your miserable,pitiful two cents worth into ours.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Well said Honey.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home