~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Health Care??? Not In Ontario...

I talked to my father around 8:30 p.m. I am outraged! He was in quite a lot of pain. The man had major surgery, having both sides of his chest cut open. Having a new pacemaker installed on one side and an old one removed from the other side, with some wiring left behind. Because of his low blood pressure, the strongest pain medication they can give him is Tylenol. They sent him home and expect him back at Sunnybrook tomorrow morning!! He is 91 years old. What the fuck are they thinking? Why wouldn't they just keep him over-night, rather than send him home and then make him travel all that way the next morning?? I am just freaking. Furious. Outraged. What a way to treat people. Of course I couldn't find the Ministry of Health on the government website to start sending emails regarding my outrage and disgust and fear. My father sounded quite uncomfortable on the phone. He said it really hurts to move around at all. Well, he shouldn't have to be moving around at all! He should be in a damn hospital bed RESTING. If anyone reading this knows who I should contact to complain about this please let me know. This is absurd, ridiculous, and wrong.
He is an hour drive away from Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. He has to rely on others to drive him back and forth. I am just too upset over this. I cannot believe this is the state of health care in Ontario. We deserve better, my father deserves better!
Well, I'm off. Have a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home