~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, January 22, 2007

Mirror Mirror...

Good afternoon.
This morning was brutal. I went to take the dogs for a walk and we never made it out the door. I put Bears leash on, then Edibles. Told Bear to sit and wait while I put Edibles coat on, which he did. Then when I flipped Edible onto his back to do up his coat, for whatever reason he didn't like that this time and he started to struggle. Well then he and Bear started their quarrelling. This time there was no kitchen chair between them. Edibles ended up with 3 scratches. It scared the hell out of me. I think they felt my anxiety over being home alone with both of them for the first time. I think Edible didn't appreciate being flipped into a submissive position in front of Bear. I think Bear doesn't know what the heck is going on and just reacts to Edibles carrying on.
There is a floor to ceiling mirror by the front door. Edible noticed it within his first minutes here and is always going over to it and looking at himself. I have been unable from the start to get Bear to look at himself. He always looks away. He wants no part of the mirror. A few minutes ago, he saw himself and did a double take and stood there for a minute checking himself out! Thats the first time! He's been here for 2 years. He got used to being the only dog in the house. Edibles is used to being around other dogs. S.W has his parents and one of his sisters. He went from there, to a home with one of his brothers, and then back to S.Ws, and then here. He's always had other dogs around.
I still haven't painted that last wall...sigh. Haven't had the chance since Edibles came. Its at the top of my things to do list though.
I'm off, have a great afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home