~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Muzzle!

Good afternoon.
I spent the morning reading Cesar's Tips on The Dog Whisperers site. I decided it couldn't hurt to try to put his advice to use. Hubby irritated his knee by going into work yesterday so he is now following the doctors advice and staying home for another week. So he was here this morning and we took both dogs out for an early walk, then fed them, then put their food bowls away. That was something else they were fighting about, take them away and there's nothing to fight about. They got along very well today. There were a couple of minor altercations, but nothing like the days before. S.W had told me her method of putting muzzles on her dogs when they were fighting too much and it got to the point where she just has to say the word muzzle to them and they stop. We only have the one muzzle for Bear, and since he's the one we're worried about doing any real damage, we tried it with him last night. It took 3 times of having it on for less than a minute and now he stops when he hears me say muzzle! As far as Edible, without a muzzle, we just remove him, put him in the bedroom and close the door. We leave him in there for a minute or two and when he comes out he has calmed down. So far so good.
I had an appointment in town this afternoon and we didn't want to leave the dogs home alone together so we took Edibles with us. He is much more comfortable in the car than Bear is, and we thought Bear would appreciate the quiet time home alone.
Things are looking up.
It snowed all day today, beautiful.
Well, I'm off, things to do, places to go, people to see and all that jazz.
Have a great evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home