~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, March 24, 2007

'Twas A Beautiful Day

What a beautiful day! It was gorgeous out. I spent a good part of the day outside. I finally cleaned up all the dog poo around the back of the house. There's still more to pick up from Bear further out in the yard though. I actually sat out back with my coffee in the afternoon, I thought the time I could do that would never come. As I was puttering around in the yard I looked at my gardens that were free of snow and there are tulips and crocuses sprouting! Yay!
Hubby was busy all day as usual, but he did take me to town. We went to get one of those dog tie down things for Eddie. You know the spike that twists into the ground? It only has a 16 foot leash on it, but that's good enough for now. Eddie has started wandering further and even leaving the yard. He's too fast and I don't want to take the chance of him darting out into the main road. We bought other stuff too, namely a workbench for half price, that was a good deal.
In the afternoon I walked over to see the lady who is organizing the community garage sale. I went to pick up flyers she had printed and I distributed to all the mail boxes. I got more of a tour of her big old Victorian house. What I had seen of it before was only half of it! That house is HUGE. She was showing me a box she recently made, like a blanket box, she is going to use it for a coffee table, very nice. She showed me a bunch of other stuff she has made too, she is multi-talented. She has a couple of pet chinchillas, so I got to see chinchillas for the very first time. I always thought they would look something like ferrets, but they actually look more like rabbits. And they have fingers. I think she used to breed them but now just has the couple left as pets. It was a nice visit.
I then walked over to S.Ws, she lives a couple of doors over from the Victorian place, to see what progress they're making with the renovations. Wow, what a mess, but it is coming along, they've got a lot done. I then delivered the flyers to the mail boxes. It was so nice to be out walking.
Last night, in the spirit of de-cluttering I posted this shelving we had on the Freecycle site. We had tons of it, it comes in bundles and is 12 feet in length. I had forgotten that Hubby had already given most of it away, so we only had 3 bundles left, I thought we had more. Oops. The response I got was overwhelming. But I finally got a guy who was willing to pick it up last night and its gone, yay. I was just happy to see it gone. It was wire shelving, so it was very useful for some purposes, but it wasn't useful to me. I had so many people respond to my post I couldn't believe it. But then they all turned around and oh it was too far for them to travel or they didn't have a truck or they couldn't come right away or bla bla bla. Freecycle is funny like that, there's all kinds of people. Like the way I look at it, either you want it or you don't. If you want something you can expect to go pick it up. And its all free, so whats the problem. But people are funny. I suggested to the person running the group that they allow us to post photos. The site has a photo feature, but it is disabled. They said they would look into it and have not done anything. I don't understand that. That's why the photo feature is there, so people can post photos, duh. It would make it a lot easier, especially with bigger stuff like furniture, appliances and large stuff like this shelving. It would help people decide if they really want something or not, if they can see it, and for the purposes of transporting. Like the guy who ended up taking my shelving, brought a trailer, it wasn't something you could just toss in the trunk of your car. Pictures would have helped explain that. As I've said, I've joined several of the Freecycle group sites, because of where I live, I'm rural, and surrounded by all these towns, so I can go to any of these towns. But the folks living in these towns don't want to travel outside of their towns. Weirdos. Many seem to forget the purpose of Freecycling too, like the point is to keep stuff out of the landfills, so they offer really silly, small, strange stuff. Like coupons. What the hell? It's not as much about FREE stuff as it is about fREeCYCLING. I'm more concerned about an old fridge, or couch, or woodstove, or metal shelving, going into a landfill, than a flipping coupon, give me a break. Some people just don't get it. It's also about cutting down on consumerism, how do coupons help with that? They don't, they encourage it. It's mainly the group of this one town that just doesn't get it, the other groups are ok and they allow photos too. I think it's the person running this group who doesn't get it. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. So she allows silly posts, doesn't do any moderating, and doesn't allow photos. I'm tempted to apply to start my own site for my area. But since I'm not in a real town I'd have to go by the township, which borders THAT town. Unfortunately that's the town I live closest to, so that's why I'm always on THAT site. I don't know, I just find myself getting frustrated with these people. But hey, I'm glad to have that shelving gone from the side of my garage.
It looks like I'm in on the community garage sale. It's only gonna cost me like $12 so it's no big deal, I'm sure I'll be able to recoup that much at least. Besides it'll be fun. I'll probably end up buying just as much from my neighbours as I sell. Have a great day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home