~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, March 19, 2007

All Caught Up Again

Hubby was over at S.Ws helping out with the renovation job and I was home puttering with my yard sale stuff when there was a knock on the front door. What a surprise to see the guy who used to live across the street standing there. He had given us a bunch of stuff when they moved, including my sewing machine, and he had also stored something in our garage. That was why he was here, to pick up his thing. I don't know what this thing is. It was a motor with a propeller and a cage around it. It was large and awkward and took up a lot of space in our garage. We didn't really expect him to come back for it, we've had it for over a year. I'm very glad it's gone. What a pleasant surprise and perfect timing, as I am in the throes of de-cluttering!
Hubby and I went to town to pick up a maple wood hutch I got on Freecycle. I guess I was confused about what a hutch is, I thought I was getting the bottom half which is a buffet. So now we have this top half with no bottom to put it on. Its just shelves with plate rails that's supposed to sit on a buffet. I definately need shelves. We do have a buffet, but unfortunately, it's six inches shorter than the hutch. Oh well, we'll figure something out. We also got, from the same person, a free standing basketball net. The thing is like new, it's in fabulous condition. That's something we would never have bought but will get plenty of use from. Little R used to have a basketball, but no net. Now we'll have to get her a new ball. That's something she can do outside when she's bored. We'll just have to be sure to keep Bear away from her new basketball. That's what happened to her old one. He pulverises balls, no matter how big or how tough.
Well, it's back to school today. After two weeks off I could use the break.
And now I must go, it's starting to get light out, time for my weekly race with the garbage man.

******************************************************************

I did it. I beat him. Hahahahaha. I also got the last bags out. I am now caught up again. Yesterday in the sunshine I was able to dislodge my recycling boxes. I emptied one of them into one of the two large clear plastic bags I put out this morning. It feels good to be all caught up again.
Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home