~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Birds

After Hubby left for his physiotherapy, I went to sit out back and ponder cutting the grass. This was his first physio since his surgery. He did go previously but they just sent him home because it was too soon, his knee wasn't ready for it. So he says his knee felt better after and he is expecting to go back to work on Monday. Yay!

The first thing I noticed when I went out back was this thing sitting on the patio table. I had no idea what it was. I read the label on it which made me think it was part of a toilet or something like that. I assumed Hubby had left it there and awaited his return to give him shit for leaving such a thing on the patio table, where we eat and drink. When he came home, with Timmys coffee in hand, what a doll, I asked him about it. He said it was a plumbing snake. Oh and where did it come from? Not a clue. So, someone left a plumbing snake on our patio table, what the fuck? It turns out he hadn't asked to borrow one or anything. We asked S.W & D.W if they had dropped it off while we were out, nope. So we have no idea where this thing came from or why it was there. How weird. What a thing to find. But it does mean that someone was in our backyard, and most likely while we were out. I'd like to think there is a logical explanation and this seems to be bothering me more than Hubby. He thinks it's creepy too, but, he doesn't get as creeped out as I do. Then he said maybe it has something to do with the break-ins. Maybe someone walked around back carrying this thing to look like they were working on something, or something, and tried to break in, but then Bear smiled at them and they took off. Oh boy, that really helps. Who knows, we'll probably never know. Creepy and weird.


I spent about a half hour walking around the backyard picking up all the toys and sticks the boys leave all over the lawn, and looking for stray rocks. Just picking up in preperation of cutting the grass. I wasn't feeling too well yesterday, not sure why, but my stomach was very upset. So after doing that I had to sit for a little while. By the time I got started the sun was so hot I could only do a couple of rows at a time and had to keep taking breaks in the shade. I ended up only doing about half of it, ugh.


I jumped at the opportunity to go into town with Hubby when he went to run some errands. We stopped at the big birds nest just in time to see one come in for a landing. The story we've heard is that they are Osprey birds. There were two of them in the nest. Obviously they go back to the same nest each year. Apparently they travel in pairs also. We saw two more of them flying together from across the road. Hubby got a couple of pictures. They are interesting to watch and I can't wait to see the babies. They fly like hawks or whatever, soaring in circles. While Hubby was standing with the camera there were a couple of times I thought he was going to get attacked. They are incredibly large. They make a distinct noise, like a whistle/chirpy sound. We spent about a half hour in the parking lot watching them and waiting for the bigger one to come back to get pictures, but he didn't come back before we left.


It was a hot gorgeous day and I hope I can finish mowing the lawn today before it rains. Here are some pictures...






The new car with LaBra on.






A bird sitting in the nest.




A bird soaring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home