~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Love Gardening And I Love My Dogs Too

I've been setting the alarm clock for 7 and yet waking up at exactly 6:32 every day this week. Why 6:32? Why not 6:31 or 6:35? Bizarre. I think it may have something to do with the level of light coming in through the blinds. Yes there is daylight at 6:32 a.m. When Hubby goes back to work we'll go back to getting up at 5:30.

I still didn't finish cutting the grass out back. It's almost done, but I ran out of gas and it was starting to spit rain at the same time so I just packed it in for the day. It's going to take a bit of practise to get back into shape where I can do it all in one day.

I heard through the grapevine that at least one of our nieghbours thinks the people selling their homes are selling too low. They sold higher than the ones that sold before them. As long as it keeps going up, I'm happy. Really we should be able to get more for these places, but because of the water situation and the somewhat isolated location, we can't ask for top dollar. I think eventually we'll be up there. We won't be able to sell any time soon and we don't really want to just yet anyways. But if and when we do decide it's time to move on, as long as we get more than we paid and it covers any renovation costs I'll be happy with that.

So Hubby went into the store yesterday and the town councillor who owns the store told him we can expect another letter from the township regarding our dogs running loose. This is one thing that makes us want to move. To a place with acreage. No nieghbours nearby. We're not sure who it is complaining. There are a couple of people it could be. We have to get cracking on the fence thing. But I'll never understand complainers. Especially when they can pick and choose who to complain about. Like I say, Bear takes off once in a while, it isn't an everyday thing, and he usually heads out to the field, it's not like he's on the street. And he is not the only dog who gets loose, they all do. Its what dogs do, they're like little kids and will try to get away with whatever they can get away with. I cannot imagine complaining to the township every time I see a loose dog, it just makes no sense to me. I don't understand why anyone would move to this kind of community and then hide out, bitching and complaining. It's a small community, everyone knows everyone. How hard would it be to come to us rather than town council? And really, if they were to see Bear and just tell him to "go home" he likely would. Even the councillors think it's stupid. But they are forced into upholding bylaws. Some people are so fucking unreasonable, it's ridiculous. The folks who don't want to get along with their nieghbours, who want to complain about every little thing, who can't just live and let live, they shouldn't choose to live in a community, they should buy themselves acreage. See, when we moved here, we didn't have Bear yet, so the no fence wasn't an issue. When we move from here, I want a fully fenced yard or at least 5 acres. I can't even decide if I want to be more in town or more isolated. My opinions change from day to day. I miss the conveniences of the city, having everything nearby and stores open 24 hours. But at the same time I long for peace and quiet, no traffic, no nieghbours.

We did get some rain last night. It looks like it's cleared up now. I noticed I had tulips opened yesterday among other things. This bit of rain will help. Everything should be thriving today. I still have a bunch of stuff to plant. I saw at the grocery store last night the Petunias are finally out for sale. I like to put them in my various planters. The farm where we got such a great deal last year is up for sale so I'm not sure they'll have their roadside stand this year. It was pretty late in the season anyways. I think it was like June when I got my stuff there. I want to start now, not in June. But damn it was kind of worth it, they had an awesome selection and fantastic prices. I'll probably buy some next time we're in town which will be today. I have an appointment in town this morning. I noticed my Lily-Of-The-Valley is going to bloom this year. I dug them up from the ditch and planted them in one of my gardens about three years ago. This will be their first year blooming. They like shade, but they grow just fine out in the ditch in full sun. They were already there when we moved in, not sure if someone actually planted them out there or what. I want to use an old headboard and footboard we have to make a "flower bed". We also have an old toilet I'm going to stick in a corner as a planter. Not too keen on that but it beats sending it to a landfill I guess. My problem is where I want to put the "bed" I already have 3 square gardens, I'll have to remove two of them and make the one bigger. It'll be a lot of work. Then I'll have to seed or sod over the two I remove. I also need to paint the headboard and footboard. Yes I have a lot of work ahead of me. The sooner I get digging the better. I'll have to extend the garden that runs along the existing fence to add all the stuff I remove from the squares. I guess that's where I should start. I've done well over 3 or 4 years loading these gardens with plants. Emptying those squares is going to be a chore. But at least I have a plan. Which is more than I can say for 3 years ago.

The next couple of days will be spent cleaning up the house. We now have people who could drop in any time and I would hate for them to see the place in its current condition. We also have the insurance investigator dude coming up this weekend, ugh. I'm not sure exactly what his position is, all I know is he works with our lawyer and gives us advice and comes to our house every once in a while.

So I'm off, things to do, places to go, people to see and all that jazz.
Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home