~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Little R Is Getting An Award!

Well I'm glad that's over with. I think the appraisal went well. Even with the mounds of clutter that were impossible to hide or do away with on short notice. As I suspected he was more interested in the structure of the house, the layout and room sizes. He took some photos and measurements. I was glad to see him drive away.

Today I am looking forward to seeing Big R. She has been in Ontario since last Friday but has been busy visiting friends and working. She's coming here this afternoon. This time we won't be taking the dogs for a walk. She'll have her dog with her and I am hoping the dogs will all just get along. They did last time she was here, but that was then and this is now.

We've been having wet, cold, foggy weather. The fog is unbelievably thick at times. It's very dark today. I wish it would just snow already. Maybe that'll give me a boost of Christmas spirit. I don't know what it's going to take this year to get me in the mood. But snow will definately help. The grass is greener now than it was all summer. We had a green Christmas last year. I don't like green Christmases. I know it's still a little early, but it is time to start shopping and putting up the outdoor lights. I sold all of our LED lights at the community garage sale last spring. So we'll be using the energy sucking old ones. The LEDs just didn't look right. They weren't bright enough, except for the blue, and the colours were off, just didn't look Christmasy at all.

I was just informed that Little R will be receiving a memorial award from the 4-H. So it looks like we'll be attending the dinner/awards presentation again. We weren't planning to go this year. It's next Friday, so one week after I get my teeth pulled out. Hopefully I'll be able to eat with my new dentures by then, but not likely. As frightened as I am of going through the experience of having my teeth pulled and being toothless, I am looking forward to having it over and done with and being able to smile again. I'm determined to get used to the dentures. My dentist told me that some people never get used to them. A friend has told me that her husband refused to learn how to eat with dentures and so has to remove them to eat. On the other hand I have a friend who never removes them, ever.

Well I should go have a shower and get ready for my company. Trying not to stress about the whole denture thing. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home