~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My First Adjustments And My First Meal

What an ugly day Monday was. It was dark and dreary all day and then it rained in the evening. I slept a good part of the day away.

Finally it was time to go to the dentist. He did some adjustments which made the dentures much more comfortable, but apparently they're still not done and I have to go back on Wednesday. He also discovered that I have a small cavity in one of the two teeth I kept for hooking the bottom denture onto. So I'll have to have that fixed as well. He showed me how to remove and replace the dentures and I am to take them out at night. I took them out last night and it was slightly traumatic. I wasn't prepared for how I look with no teeth nor for how it feels. It's a very strange feeling. I'm hoping I can get the dentures back in this morning without much trouble.

I was so hungry, and the dentist had asked me if I had tried eating with the dentures yet, which I had not, when I came home, they felt so much better, I fried up some scrambled eggs and had my first meal in 4 days. Getting used to eating is going to be a challenge. But I did it. It was awkward and I could feel where we need some more adjustments. But it was nice to eat something.

In keeping with the colour theme of the tree Mr. Man and I looked for some gold and green icicles or as we call it tinsel. We looked everywhere and finally found some in Canadian Tire. The tree isn't finished yet but should be today now that we have tinsel for it. Then I will start wrapping gifts. I know it's early, but at the same time, not really. And why have a fake tree if you can't put it up early right. It's getting the Christmas spirit flowing in this house. We could use some Christmas spirit around here. And when you have people who you have to send the gifts to, it's a good idea to get it done early. I like my weekends in December to be spent partying and socializing, not running around shopping. The stuff is out there to be had now. We even managed to get some sales and good deals.

We've always spoiled Bear right along with the rest of us at Christmas. Mr. Man figures that's not a good idea this year because of Eddie. He thinks they'll just fight over eveything. Which is quite possible. So I'm not sure what we're going to do about it. They each have to get at least one thing in my mind. Can't just leave them out. We'll see.

So that's it. I'm feeling better about my new teeth, they're not as uncomfortable now. I'm looking forward to Christmas. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home