~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Move

It's 2 a.m and I'm sitting in my new apartment wired for sound while everyone else is sound asleep. We were going to use a trailer but then it rained, so Mr. Man rented a truck. We got a late start as there was still a lot of packing to do and Mr. Man had to go pick up his brother. We had another friend who was going to help but Mr. Man cancelled him, not sure why he did that. So we get the truck all loaded up and it got stuck because Mr. Man pulled it right up to the house on the lawn. The rain made it mucky and soft. I have never seen such ruts from the tires spinning in my life! Half my garden got dug up. It was unbelievable. After an hour or more of frigging around and digging the ruts deeper, I said "call a tow truck" so he did. The tow truck came and had no luck pulling it out! He had to go back and get a different truck that was capable of actually lifting the loaded rental truck. They finally succeeded in getting it out and what a bloody mess the front yard is! But the good news is it only cost $100. By now Mr. Man was pretty exhausted and burnt out and we still had to unload. We only brought maybe half our stuff and not all of it got unloaded before everyone was just too burnt out to do any more. So we'll be going back to the house first thing tomorrow and hopefully having a more productive day. We'll be parking the truck in the driveway too! Hell I still have a pile of laundry to do. Man there's a lot of work to do tomorrow. After we were done unloading for the night Mr. Man drove back to the house and picked up the dog. Poor guy just doesn't know what the heck is going on. One good thing about the apartment is the heat. I won't be freezing my butt off in this place, it's smoking hot in here. Have had to have the balcony door open the whole time we've been here. I've got a lot of stuff to Freecycle. Still haven't made it to the thrift store. I'm not bringing the stuff here, so it'll have to be picked up at the house tomorrow. One Freecycler picking up bird feeders offered to buy our trailer. Waiting to hear back from him about that. My computer crapped out on me Saturday morning. I had shut it down Friday night and it just wouldn't turn on again. So I'm on my laptop now. Thank heavens I have a laptop! Well I should go and try to get some sleep, got a big day ahead of me tomorrow. Tons to be done. It's amazing, even though we got rid of tons of crap at the yard sale and through Freecycle and even a nieghbour taking piles of stuff, we still have tons of crap. This place is going to be crammed. I even gave up a whole lot of my coloured glass collection! That killed me. But it had to be done. Ok I'm off. Enjoy the long weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home