~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Unpacking Continues

So far all I've seen is old people in this building. Feel like I'm living in a seniors building. The super is super chatty. Every time you see her she yaps your ear off. Mr. Man took yesterday off work. We didn't get very much done even with him here. He took a stack of empty boxes with him this morning. He made shelves for the pantry at work on Tuesday only to discover the walls aren't straight and the shelves didn't fit. He's going to try again today. Without those shelves I have nowhere to put food. As we open boxes I keep coming across stuff I forgot I had. I've been freecycling constantly. For the most part it goes smoothly, but the other day I carted a pile of crap down to the lobby only to be stood up by two people. Sometimes it doesn't go smoothly. The boxes were packed at the last minute and are so mixed up its hard to unpack a whole box at once. It'll be a lot better once Big R comes on Monday and we can get rid of all her crap. We have several boxes of her stuff that we were storing for her. She's going to go through them and keep what she wants and the rest we can get rid of. Little R and I walked over to Canadian Tire yesterday and got me some keys cut. I'm really going to have to build up my strength slowly. It's been a very long time since I did any walking. It's good to have a set of keys of my own. Little R went out the other day and took the keys, I couldn't take the dog out or anything while she was gone. We face east so we get the sunrise. Its nice to get the morning sun. But we do need to invest in some window coverings soon. The windows are huge. We have a small window in the washroom which is very nice in an apartment. There's no exhaust fan though. And there's no hood fan in the kitchen either. There is some sort of exhaust fan in the kitchen above the stove. It's not hooked up to a switch and just goes constantly. It makes all kinds of noise. And I'm only assuming it's an exhaust fan, don't know what else it would be. We're in a corner unit and on the top floor so we only have one nieghbour beside us and one below. Now that I think of it there must be somone on the other side of us too. It's a weird shaped building. Regardless, it's very, very quiet. I hope we don't make too much noise. There's lots of stores and shopping within walking distance. That's a big change from paradise. It took us all weekend to move. It was a long weekend. It was only Mr. Man and his brother. It wore Mr. Man out. It's going to take him a while to recover. I hardly did anything and I'm worn out too. I'm so glad I was ruthless with getting rid of stuff. I can't imagine having all that stuff in here. I ordered cable tv the other day so we should have that next week. It's been years since I've seen Canadian tv. Mr. Man still wants to hook up the satellite out on the balcony somehow. Good luck with that. I can't wait to get my high speed internet. Don't know why we had to wait for it. This has been a traumatic experience. I miss my house. I miss paradise. Unpacking is the biggest job I've faced in a long time. But we will make this our home. And I'll grow to like living in town and all the conveniences. I'm gonna go start my day. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home