~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Christmas was alright. On the 24th we went to my nephew's. Most of my family was there and there was a huge crowd of people we didn't know. I'm not sure who they were. There was lots of food. We didn't stay long. The roads were bad on the way there. It was strange, it wasn't snowing at all up here but once we got near the city it was snowing and sleeting. So I talked to my dad a bit, Mr. Man ate, I had a couple of drinks, we exchanged gifts and we headed for home. Little R, her boyfriend and Uncle T were here waiting for us. They had baked cookies and made brownies. We hung out here for a while then Mr. Man drove the boyfriend home. Then Mr. Man had to do all his wrapping. Earlier in the day, Mr. Man got off work at noon, with his bonus, and he thought we were meeting at Walmart. He phoned, frantic, "where are you? Why aren't you here?" I didn't know I was supposed to meet him there. So he came and picked me up and we ran around like crazy buying last minute gifts and getting the groceries etc. Then we came home and got ready to go to my nephew's.

Christmas day I think I was the first one up. It didn't snow but I think it flurried a bit. It took some coaxing to get the guys to open their stockings. We cut way back on the gifts this year, but it was still nice. It went quickly. We gave T a bottle of vodka and as soon as he opened it he was off in the kitchen making a drink. After the gift opening, it was time to get the turkey in the oven. It was so big we had to cut the wings off to fit it in the roasting pan. Mr. Man, with a little instruction from me and T chopping the onions, made the stuffing. I have to say, the drunker T got the more obnoxious he got and it really sucked the life out of the day. I don't really remember what we did all day other than try to keep T out of the kitchen and argue with him over silly little crap. Then it was finally dinner time. Little R's boyfriend joined us for dinner. Everything turned out really good. For once the turkey wasn't dry. After dinner we played some euchre. Andrew didn't like it. I even got all the dishes done before the day was over.

On Boxing day Mr. Man and I went to Walmart and I got next years cards for $2. We got a couple of little things, nothing major. We also went to Canadian Tire and got some stuff to put around the dart board. Mr. Man hung the dart board finally. The rest is a blur. Watching movies, and playing darts. We've been staying sober and it has been painful. One day I went out with D and we went back to Walmart. She bought a tree for half price.

The truth is, I've had enough, I want T to go home now. Yesterday we had quite the little snow storm so Mr. Man didn't want to take him home because the truck needs tires. Today we have doctor appointments and I'm hoping he'll take him home after that. It just isn't the warm and fuzzy experience I expected. I would like to salvage the last week of holidays. I've been trying to get T a computer from Freecycle. I've had a couple of people offer but after I email them and say ok thanks I can pick it up today they don't get back to me. I imagine we'll get him one eventually.

So looking forward to some family time and peace and quiet. Having houseguests can get stressful. He's been here a week now, that's long enough. It was a little different at the house because he had his own room. Now he has to sleep on the couch. If there is a God, Mr. Man will be taking him home today.

I don't have many pictures this year. I might post a few later. Meanwhile, have a great day and Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home